GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 - How do you kill yours?!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/03/01 at 23:14
Regular
What's the best or most unexpected way you've killed or disabled someone in the MGS2 demo?

This is mine...

After assuming control of Snake, I made my way up to the top deck of the ship, outside. I was practicing the 'hold up' tecnique, and caught one of the guards at the corner of the gangway; he was facing outwards.

Then I made the mistake of putting my gun away, at which point the guy turned, punched me (well, punched Snake), and went for his gun. As Snake got back to his feet, I started hitting the punch button (circle) almost in a fit of panic. Three presses... punch, punch, roundhouse...

The roundhouse kick connected with the guard's chin, and sent him flying backwards, over the guard rail, to the deck below, screaming as he fell!

It was totally unexpected, and I sat there in amazement at what had just happened, with my jaw on the floor. I know it only sounds like a 'litte thing', but I was completely shocked;I did not expect to be able to get the guard off of the walkway in that fashion.

Any other 'novel' methods?
Fri 30/03/01 at 11:42
FP - My tip for this is to move up and down. Once the frame has changed from it's upright position, and it starts rushing you, I found that if you are at ground level, it invariably misses you. You'll be happy to hear that there are even nastier bosses......
Fri 30/03/01 at 11:13
Aha! I found a bug! After shooting that ice cube container around for about 3 hours, I realised you couldn't actually shoot it outside of the small bar area, and if you shoot it over the sink, it mysteriously hovers over it. Damn. Still, I found out you can distract the guards with the posters of the sexy ladies and kick the lockers in too. If you open a locker door, then lean on the door, it closes it - I can't take much more detail!
Fri 30/03/01 at 10:29
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Flying Pig wrote:
Also you can punch the door's off the lockers! I haven't tried it with the two that you can't open, but it's well worth a try....!

Unfortunatly the doors on those 2 fall inwards instead of outwards.....

Finally there
is a door which you go in through, but if you try to go back out - snake accidently pulls the wheel off!!
I'll find out what door it is and let you know!

The door is on Deck A - Port, but you don't go in through it. It's at the end of a passage on the right hand side of the room with all the lockers!
Fri 30/03/01 at 10:27
Regular
"Complete Banker"
devo wrote:
I've got to the Park, trying to finish off a rather large frame.

That's about where I am - after spending quite a while finding the 'decoy' program - I still got a bit of a kicking!
I'll try again sometime!
Wed 28/03/01 at 22:16
I need to steal a PS2,

either that or get an Uzi and blast some ice cubes!
Wed 28/03/01 at 17:54
I spent about 5 minutes last night just shooting the container of ice cubes around the desk, before knocking it onto the floor and shooting it around, watching it bounce off of every surface. It may be such a small detail but is there any other game which allows as much detail as this? I mean, how much does an ice cube container matter in the grand scheme of the game - nothing! But that's my point, Konami have gone to so much trouble to make the game REAL. Please let me know of any other cool things you have found as I have found a new love. I'm gonna try and shoot it down the stairs tonight...
Wed 28/03/01 at 10:08
I remember someone on here saying that they had completed it (can't remember who, apologies to whoever it is). I've got to the Park, trying to finish off a rather large frame.

After months of having time to play on the PS2, and not enough games, now I haven't got the time, the games are out! There just aren't enough hours in the day.... :-(
Wed 28/03/01 at 09:53
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Goatboy Wrote:
"Is Z.O.E any good?"

In a word - Yes! In some more.... it is a very good game, the whole fluidity of it is astounding. It's very quick and the graphics are top. For a game that sounds like it'll be a sod to control this has to be the most perfect and intuative control system ever!!

Another few MGS2 nibblets for you all:
did you know that you can shoot the security camera's? One good shot and they fizzle out! Cool!

Also you can punch the door's off the lockers! I haven't tried it with the two that you can't open, but it's well worth a try....!

Finally there is a door which you go in through, but if you try to go back out - snake accidently pulls the wheel off!!
I'll find out what door it is and let you know!

P.S How far is everyone on ZOE?
Wed 28/03/01 at 09:40
I'm just a poor weak minded individual addicted to obvious tasteless jokes. In fact, did you hear the one about Catherine Zeta Jones and.......

I guess this one isn't much of a secret, but I laughed the first time I saw a guard come into the room, spot his colleague tranquilised on the floor, and kick him to wake him up.

Wed 28/03/01 at 09:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
As for hiding behind the glass - I despatched the two gaurds in that room, shot some bottles and an ice bucket, ran through the little swingy bar doors a few times and saw some magazines I could shoot.
Did so and more gaurds appeared from nowhere.
Haha! Hide behind bar.
But they realised and shot me.
Bu**er.

The other two bits that had me in stitches?

The fruit store, hid under the box but made a move.
Gaurd wandered over, kicked the box and made me "oof".
He pointed his gun, so I ran. But still under the box.
To watch a cardboard box being chased by 3 soldiers is one of the funniest moments in gaming history:
"See the box run downstairs! See the box run into a wall by mistake! See guard shoot box!"

And the other one?
The dining room, shot the soldier in the head and hid under the table when more came in.
I'm so sneaky I'll shoot them in the knee.
Only two appeared and chucked grenades under the table.

It's hard to be sneaky with anti-personnel devices going off underneath you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.