GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 - How do you kill yours?!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/03/01 at 23:14
Regular
What's the best or most unexpected way you've killed or disabled someone in the MGS2 demo?

This is mine...

After assuming control of Snake, I made my way up to the top deck of the ship, outside. I was practicing the 'hold up' tecnique, and caught one of the guards at the corner of the gangway; he was facing outwards.

Then I made the mistake of putting my gun away, at which point the guy turned, punched me (well, punched Snake), and went for his gun. As Snake got back to his feet, I started hitting the punch button (circle) almost in a fit of panic. Three presses... punch, punch, roundhouse...

The roundhouse kick connected with the guard's chin, and sent him flying backwards, over the guard rail, to the deck below, screaming as he fell!

It was totally unexpected, and I sat there in amazement at what had just happened, with my jaw on the floor. I know it only sounds like a 'litte thing', but I was completely shocked;I did not expect to be able to get the guard off of the walkway in that fashion.

Any other 'novel' methods?
Sun 25/03/01 at 23:14
"High polygon count"
What's the best or most unexpected way you've killed or disabled someone in the MGS2 demo?

This is mine...

After assuming control of Snake, I made my way up to the top deck of the ship, outside. I was practicing the 'hold up' tecnique, and caught one of the guards at the corner of the gangway; he was facing outwards.

Then I made the mistake of putting my gun away, at which point the guy turned, punched me (well, punched Snake), and went for his gun. As Snake got back to his feet, I started hitting the punch button (circle) almost in a fit of panic. Three presses... punch, punch, roundhouse...

The roundhouse kick connected with the guard's chin, and sent him flying backwards, over the guard rail, to the deck below, screaming as he fell!

It was totally unexpected, and I sat there in amazement at what had just happened, with my jaw on the floor. I know it only sounds like a 'litte thing', but I was completely shocked;I did not expect to be able to get the guard off of the walkway in that fashion.

Any other 'novel' methods?
Mon 26/03/01 at 03:37
Regular
"Whatever!"
My favourite way is to simply send them to sleep, drag them to a quiet nearby room then blast their heads full of lead while they are in the land of nod!! Neatly stacking them up in lockers afterwards.
Its great to creep up behind them aswell, aiming your gun, watch them surrender and fear for their lives whilst deciding what cruel punishment should be dished out!! Most of the time I test my aiming skills by shooting directly between the eyes - Great stuff!!
Mon 26/03/01 at 18:48
Found the saucy pics yet?
Mon 26/03/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
Oh yes!!!
Mon 26/03/01 at 19:27
Have you managed to kick one over board?
Mon 26/03/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
Not yet!!
Mon 26/03/01 at 21:50
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
The demo is brilliant isn’t it!!

Check this one out, I was outside the ship when someone was controlling the upperdeck. I crept up behind him and double punched and done a flying kick, he feel over the railings and fell onto the other guard on the first floor. Both guards were done and were knocked out. i couldn't stop laughing!!

I found a nice surprise when I opened the locker only to find a sexy pic of a chinese women :)

I was also surprised that i liked Z>O>E so much. I didn’t even play it until the day after i purchased it because I was enjoying MGS2 so much.

I think people have slightly ignored Z.O.E because it’s not as hyped up as MGS2 is. This is a shame because the game has great potential!

Anyone else feel the same?
Tue 27/03/01 at 10:43
Regular
"Complete Banker"
The best kill I've done so far - I crept up behind a guard and when he still had his back turned pulled out my gun. He froze and put his hands up, with his back to me.
I shot him forst in the leg and he stumbled, but didn't fall over. He stood there not putting any weight on it!!
I shot him in the hand and he doubled over, but then straightened up, holding his hand by his stomach - you could see his hand shaking!!!!
I finally shot him in the other leg and he fell down (as you would!) and strugled for a few second before dying!!
Amazing!
As for ZOE - what an excellent game! It's so slick and smooth. The battles are like mid-air ballet with swords and rockets!
The control system is (IMHO) near perfect and the camera never 'wonders off'. There aren't many games that can manage that on 2 axis let alone 3!!
All that I'm gonna say about the graphics is that they are simply spectacular - and everything moves so quickly!!
If you buy this game, don't just buy it for the MGS2 demo. Buy it because ZOE is excellent and that the MGS2 demo is a wonderful bonus!
Tue 27/03/01 at 11:04
I would like to suggest that everyone notes down cool and funky things they have found in the demo in this forum, partly cos I wanna see them all myself. Perhaps my favourite little touch is "kissing" the saucy posters by pushing R1 when inside the locker. Also, when in a locker, if you push R1 too hard, he smacks his face on the grate! Ha ha!

How do you hold someone up? I can stick my gun in their back but I can't make them drop stuff and start shaking.
Tue 27/03/01 at 11:36
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Still waiting for mine, but when it arrives, I can't wait to sneak up on an unsuspecting guard, snap his neck and hide him away.

It's kill or be killed people!

-S ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.