GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is going to be better the Game cube or the X box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/01 at 18:20
Regular
Hay i want to know what is the best the X box or the Game cube and i am wondering why it takes so long to be released in the U.K.
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:20
Regular
Ok, i'll start a thread for it.
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
Well Duh!
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:11
Regular
I just realised something... I've known it for a long time, but it's only just clicked.

All the kids who bought NES's and played Mario and Zelda all those years ago have now all grown up, (Bar FM,) and are now raising familys...

So all the people, who grew up with Nintendo and Sega, are going to want their kids to play all the new Marios and Sonics, surely! If not just because of nostalgic influences, but because they want to play as well. :)

Perhaps that could be true, but then Sony have marketed their console towards the older gamer, and then they would want their kids to play the games that they liked, not what the kid wanted.

I wonder what percentage of Playstation owners have owned other consoles in the past... It would be interesting to find out.
Sat 24/03/01 at 05:17
FantasyMeister wrote:
> X-Box will sell more in numbers, it's American, how many Americans play games? Around 250 million. How many of those are going to choose an American product over a Japanese one? <

Quick Question: Are you American? If so, then I can't imagine what part of the country you're from; if not, then I'd like to express my complete and total disagreement with you. I'm a born and bred American - been here nearly my whole life, and I'm pretty familiar with people's gaming habits, as I've worked at a variety of gaming outlets.

Here's what I know to be true:

1) Americans have little to no respect for Microsoft.
2) The old adage of buying only what says "Made in the USA" went out about twenty years ago. Honda's are very popular over here, for instance, not to mention Nintendo.
3) Most Americans, generally the ones that don't play videogames, don't know a thing about Microsoft or Nintendo. They buy what their kids want or what they recognize. Kids want Pokemon; they recognize Link and Mario.

Put all this together, and what does that tell you? That should tell you that, unless Microsoft can pull off some really dazzling titles, it's going to be hard-pressed to find much of an audience over here.
Fri 23/03/01 at 23:58
Regular
The X-Xox is better if you are talking about pure processing power.

If you are tlaking value for money, you cant say because the official prices havent been released yet.

If you are talking about extras, then the X-Box wins again as it has a hard drive, both have DVD playing facility.

however, in most gamers opinions, the one with the better games is the best. I think this will be the Big N as i think they will get more support from Sega, who make AMAZING games.
Fri 23/03/01 at 22:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
X-Box will sell more in numbers, it's American, how many Americans play games? Around 250 million. How many of those are going to choose an American product over a Japanese one?

Go figure.
Fri 23/03/01 at 22:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
Well I think Nintendo will **** in Microsoft, because I hate microsoft and microsoft hate me. Thats me reason no one can argue, FREEDOM OF SPEECH,

and then there are of course all the facts about the companies...
Fri 23/03/01 at 22:40
Regular
I meant about kate lawson one post then someone popped up next?
Fri 23/03/01 at 22:30
Dan_uk wrote:
> I've never seen this forum so nice and welcoming to a "newbie". It's nice to see that. I suppose she did start of on the right foot by not making a console wars topic... <

Another reason is that she's a female. We get so few of those around here.

> Anyway, I think that the Xbox will be more powerful but I still think that the Gamecube is going to be better. Why?
A company named Nintendo and another named Rare. <

I still have problems understanding what people mean by 'more powerful'.
Fri 23/03/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
apoc wrote:
> i won!

Well Done, see, I told you it would pay off!!!

Congrats again.

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.