GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who would win in a fight between..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/08/09 at 01:21
Regular
"How Ironic"
The idea is to post the names of 2 different people and we debate who would win in a fight between them. Would also help to put where the person is from (ie.Film, Book, Computer Game etc.). Simple.

I'll start.

Leonidus (300) vs Aragorn (Lord of the Rings)
Tue 04/08/09 at 14:11
Regular
"How Ironic"
Good to see this has taken off quite well :)

Next one.

Neo (The Matrix) vs The Hulk (The Incredible Hulk)
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:52
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Yarrr wrote:
> Hmm, it would be an epic battle... but they'd surely run out of
> arrows?
>
> Robin Hood is my bet, though not Russell Crowe's version.

I agree, Kevin Costner's depiction made Robin Hood look 'well tough!'

Though if you mean disney's robin hood - the fox - then he would surely win any battle. He would just be too cunning!
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:36
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Legolas would blatantly win I think but you try and think of another legendary archer type :S
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:36
Regular
Oops, posted on my test pirate account.
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:35
Regular
Hmm, it would be an epic battle... but they'd surely run out of arrows?

Robin Hood is my bet, though not Russell Crowe's version.
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:30
Regular
"THFC"
Legolas - quicker, elf and cooler lol
Tue 04/08/09 at 13:20
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Leonidas I think, in melee. The sheer ferocity and power (not to mention the fact that he was thought to be a foot taller) would be too much for Aragorn.

However you have to take into account the magical aspects. Aragorn would have better shield and sword, along with mythril armour. So on that account it might be closer.

Aragorn is far more intelligent though, having fought many foes who are better than him/ stronger/bigger. In reality Aragorn would not stand toe to toe with him and would retreat and use his ranger skills to pick him off with arrows. Let's not forget he was a ranger, with legendary skills in both stealth and range.

So all in all Aragorn would do him like a kipper.

Next bout
Legolas (LOTR) vs. Robin Hood :S
Tue 04/08/09 at 12:31
Regular
"THFC"
He fought a wolf - but Aragon would not be able to use the Army of the Dead, he used it to free Gondor and then set them to rest. So they cant be used anymore.

He is quicker than Leonidas (cant spell it) but would lack the strength. Both good with swords and work well in teams. It would be close but i would say Leonidas.
Tue 04/08/09 at 12:18
Regular
Leonidus probably. Most of the battles we saw in LoTR relied on Aragorn's pals (whole armies in some cases) and making good use of their strengths in battles, whilst Leonidus didn't have that luxury. Aragorn can heal quickly (he's a half elf or something), has a magical sword and can summon the Army of the Dead, but on a head to head basis, Leonidus, who as a Spartan fought off tigers (or bears, I can't remember which) in the wilderness as a kid would probably win.
Tue 04/08/09 at 08:24
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Aragorn - he lasted over 9 hours whereas Leonidas could only manage about 2 :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.