GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Office Christmas Special. - Part 2."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/12/03 at 22:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
Perfect.
Sun 28/12/03 at 11:40
Regular
You can tell they would never bring the series back. They ended it so perfectly. Did you see the face on Neil when his blind date came in? She was really cute. You could see David growing up in the episode.

One really cringing moment was when he was going on about being banned from the Office and asked if anyone wanted to go out for a drink and the pregnant woman said "no one want to have a drink with you etc" and of course Tim couldn't let that go so offered straight away.

Thoughtout the episode you could see very clearly that Dawn wasn't really happy with Lee, so I kinda expected it but then I was still teary when it happened.

Great way to end the series, well done.
Sun 28/12/03 at 10:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Woah, I actually really liked it! One of my criticisms of The Office was that the BBC hyped it to the brim, because it's all they've got to fill their schedule of re-runs, soaps, and programmes featuring that Dr Winston toss-face. And for that reason it never seemed to deliver. But the final two episodes were very good, and they did the series justice by bowing out with grace, instead of rubbbing the character's and viewer's faces in the dirt even more. Tim and Dawn got together (cue me, girlfriend, girlfriend's sisters going "Yes!!!"), Gareth became Brent, and Brent found someone that seemed to calm him down and actually liked him. Very good, but I hope they don't bring it "out of retirement" the next time the BBC run out of ideas.
Sun 28/12/03 at 09:18
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I watched with interest for the first time last-night and found it quite hilarious. Must go back and get the series on DVD now...
Sun 28/12/03 at 03:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What an absolutely perfect ending to one of the best comedy series ever.

Characters you genuinely care about. Even as a cynical sneering bloke I was thinking "Don't let her leave Tim, say something. You can't just let her walk out forever, don't lose this chance".
And when she opened her present with "Never give up" and that sketch of him was such a perfect way to encapsulate why she should be with him and not the monkey.
It veered from the most cringing - Brent's date talking about lemons - to the most heartfelt "Yes!!!" when Dawn came back through the door.
And it was really really nice to see Brent realising what he's been like, admitting to that woman "They're half my age, they're laughing at me, it's pathetic".
Can't decide if my favourite moment was Dawn walking in and kissing Tim or David's "Chris...why don't you #### off?" to Finchy.

Before I watched it, I thought "Nah, it'd be too cheesy if Tim & Dawn got together and David sorted his life out, that'd be too pat", but it was done so well, it didn't tip into mawkish unbelievability.
Brent's "So yeah, she's...perfect for me...yeah" as he sees his date off, I was thinking "Don't say anything stupid, don't ruin it" and he didn't.
And when the camera was interviewing her about Brent, "Would you see him again?" "...yeah", you see David hove into view behind her.
And instead of running over and saying/doing something embarassing, he just quickly walks away and leaves it. Genius.
Glad I taped these two, shall be watching them both tomorrow.
And was funny to see Steve Merchant's dad re-appearing as the cleaner that stares at the camera.

The best ending to the best comedy series I can remember watching.
Sun 28/12/03 at 00:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah good.

I wasn't worrying I was the only one.
Sun 28/12/03 at 00:14
"Uzi Lover"
Yep, she was arousing me, yes.

Was dissapointed after yesterdays episode but I agree the final episode was perfect. Keith was back with his Scotch Egg again :-P
Sat 27/12/03 at 23:58
"slightlyshortertagl"
Cyclone wrote:
> And is it just me or is Lucy Davis suddenly a lot fitter?

She = Uber fit already....

but that's just me...
Sat 27/12/03 at 23:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Damn it all, I missed this.

Saw last night though.

The Blind Date thing was cringe-genius.

And is it just me or is Lucy Davis suddenly a lot fitter?
Sat 27/12/03 at 23:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
the dove...

it was PERFECT!

:-P
Sat 27/12/03 at 23:42
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
That was fantastic. I expected a typical Brent song...then when he started singing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.