GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Office Christmas Special. - Part 2."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/12/03 at 22:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
Perfect.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
Booyakasha.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
In the words of Keith;

Booyakash.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:16
Regular
"SOUP!"
Goatboy wrote:
> They just need to realise this and not destroy it with another
> series, then another special etc like Only Fools & Horses has
> done.

They should perhaps have ended it when they became millionaires and leave the door open for the viewer to see them as being happy or assuming they would blow their money. I must admit the "Gary" special was funny last year, but this years just killed it and the end wasn't good at all. I felt violated.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I liked the photograph at the end, he seemed happy and they all laughed at his crappy voice impression.

" Do it again "
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:33
Regular
Ah. Yeah, s'pose.
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dawn
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:23
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> And is it just me or is Lucy Davis suddenly a lot fitter?

Who's that?
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:21
Regular
CDouch wrote:
> When Tim, Brent and Gareth were standing talking towards the end, my
> eyes were just fixed on the door waiting for Dawn to come through. I
> thought a lot of (if not all) people will be doing this, so perhaps
> it was intended to fool us. Then she walked in and I smiled.

Yeah, I was watching the door to.

What did you think was intended to fool us? The conversation?
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Stryke wrote:
> It was the comment in the credits that really did it for Brent, I
> think. No Dolly Parton type comment, just "We done?
> Cheers". I liked it.
---

Yeah, there were a few moments in the specials where he didn't launch into another Brent intrusion moment, with-held himself and acted normally that showed he was either maturing, or understood that people were laughing at him and didn't want that.
I don't think the character has been a willing clown through the series, I got the impression that he genuinely thought he was a nice, caring boss and just didn't see that everyone thought he was a nob - but that changed in these two episodes, culminating with him telling his date "they were half my age and they were all laughing at me, it was pathetic".
I think he finally twigged that people were laughing at him and not with him.

The restrained, quieter moments that indicate he's actually learned to control himself now - the interview with his date at the party where he comes into the background and quickly walks off, when he walks her to the car and doesn't say/do something stupid and just says "definitely" when she asks if he'll ring and yep, the closing credit sequence with just the "got everything? Cheers".

Perfect ending.
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:13
"Mimmargh!"
Keith ruled.

And they should have ended Only Fools and Horses with that episode where they bacame millionaires. But they ruined it, damn them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.