GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm sure you all know by now..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/12/03 at 17:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
but Challenge TV is showing the first series of GamesMaster at 7.30pm most weekday evenings.

half an hour of supreme retro action, plus it seems a lot more innuendo laden now i'm older.. BONUS! :)

favourtite moment from yesterday was getting all nostalgic watching a PREVIEW of the Chaos Engine on the Atari ST, Amiga and "IBM" PC.. estimated realease date? July '92!!!!

ahhhhhhhh, *goes all misty eyed*
Sun 21/12/03 at 10:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
yeah, it was good. But alas, you might hate the fact that they intend to make another series next year. Well, something to tide over till the next gamepad or gamesmaster series (damn you challenge!).
Sat 20/12/03 at 14:01
Regular
"you've got a beard"
something amazing has happened...
this morning i had the wrestling on in the background while i was working.
the wrestling ended.
the gamezville christmas special started. and i'll say this for it, it was actually pretty good. really different to the regular show and included some genuinely funny lines. it really shows what that programme COULD be if they take the focus away from the moron brothers, the christmas special included an out-takes reel at the end and about half of them were the presenters going "this game is AWSOME, just BRILLIANT and it's.. er.... what game is it?"

point. proved.
Sat 20/12/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gamesmaster!!!! How i've waited for your sweet return (even after e-mailing DD constantly about making a new version of it, he must think i'm some sort of mad stalker by now)

Finally a decent games show on tv...... even if it is about 10 years out of date, however that's still more up-to-date then game pad :-D
Sat 20/12/03 at 09:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
what about turrican? that was brilliant!
Fri 19/12/03 at 18:58
Regular
"smile, it's free"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> my favourite oldskool mag was C&VG. I know we still have that,
> but about 10 years ago that mag was brilliant. They had a letters
> section with a guy called 'yob' answering all the questions. He
> insulted people so much, and in such graphic vulgar ways, that the
> magazine was told off by some governing body or somesort.
>
> I used to sit there and laugh out loud at some of the horrible
> suggestions he gave to young kids asking 'dear yob, which is the
> best? super nintendo or megadrive?'

Yob was awesome. I bought C&VG for a couple of years, and stopped after they scrapped Yob.

The memories are flooding back now...
Fri 19/12/03 at 17:38
Regular
"you've got a beard"
both had crackin versions of Robocop 3 though :)
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:17
Regular
yeah I used to get Amiga Format, I even have one of the older mags - ST/Amiga Format, which it was before it changed.

of course the ST died a death and the Amiga reigned supreme. I nearly bought an ST aswell. glad I didn't.
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> edge is great. I'd subscribe to it if I wasn't a completely skint
> loser :D

*lol* i hear that....
i like Edge because it doesn't dumb down.. althougfh sometimes i DO feel it misses the point and tries to get OVER clever. It recently made some point about True Crime and it's effects on japanese culture and economy that was somewhat over the top, but overall, top mag.

i still miss Amiga Format.. then again, i miss the Amiga :)
man, i used to buy Commodore format for the C64 back in the day.. "Roger Frames buys Budjit Games!" .. dynamite!
Thu 18/12/03 at 12:47
Regular
edge is great. I'd subscribe to it if I wasn't a completely skint loser :D
Thu 18/12/03 at 11:03
Regular
"you've got a beard"
yeah, Current magazines just don't cut it. there just aren't enough multi-format mags around.
i think i'm gonna go hunt around the loft, see if i can find any old MM or C&VG issues....

If it was still around (and still good) then i'd just buy Mean Machines and Edge... a nice contrast of journalistic approach i think :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.