GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should smoking be banned?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/12/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Well, it’s being talked about at the moment. My own personal views on the subject, as a non-smoker, are that it should not be.

Although I don’t smoke myself, who is it for me or anyone else for that matter to tell you that you can’t? On the practical side of things smoking injects a rather large sum of money into the country. Granted it will take quite a bit out, but I’d wager it’s not as much as it puts in.

There are some aspects of smoking that I don’t enjoy, the main one being the smokers that smoke in the designated non-smoking areas or intentionally blow their smoke into peoples faces, but this is fairly rare from my experiences.

Smoking is a habit, something that many smokers enjoy and do not want to give up. So why should they have to? Because it is bad for them?

They know the possible medical implications and as adults they should be able to make their own decision. Yes the nicotine in the cigarettes make it addictive, but there are plenty of other, possibly more dangerous drugs that are available and not being considered to be banned.

Alcohol for instance. I have never met a smoker that becomes more aggressive after a cigarette. Yet alcohol, which plays a part in rather a large amount of crime, is considered to be more acceptable.

Caffeine. I don’t know if any of you know anything about true caffeine addicts, but it is truly one of the worst and most health threatening addictions you can have. Heart problems, severe shaking and aggression all play a part.

I could go on, but can’t see the point. What are all your views on this?
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> the laughter will be deafening if you turn up with one of those at a
> party or something.

definately, but it would encourage me to stop if I knew I was going to be ridiculed every time I took a blast off it ;)
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:20
Regular
I used to love cocktails yeah.

those tampon things are gay as carrots. I'd make do without one if I were you, or use patches.

the laughter will be deafening if you turn up with one of those at a party or something.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> You can inhale a tampon?
>
> I bet that goes down well at parties!

http://www.nicorette.com.au/products_inhale.cfm

Look at it ferchrissake, its embrassing ;)
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:18
Regular
"relocated"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> true, but I could say the same thing for beer - the first time I drank
> it I found it was shall we say 'an aquired taste'. but you soon grow
> a thirst for it.

That's why you should drink cocktails. Not that girly 'sex on the beach' crap, but proper manly cocktails made by highly trained bar staff.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:17
Regular
I am able to not smoke, providing I don't drink.

I'm off the sauce, so with any luck I've smoked my last cigarette. For my healths sake I hope so anyway.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:16
"Darkness, always"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Out of curiosity IB, do you do *anything* that is bad for you? Too
> much chocolate perhaps? Too much McDonalds? Drugs? Drinking? Extreme
> sports?

I drink, but not in excess. However, a better question, in context of this topic would be - do I do anything that is not only bad for me, but deliberately puts others at increased risk of cancer and/or heart disease, and such in the face of blatant warnings informing me of my actions?

To which the answer is no.

On an interesting (to me) sidenote, I had a pack of six Becks the other week for while watching football. Drank four of them during the match, and didn't realise until I looked properly at the pack that they were in fact alcohol free, and tasted exactly the same as ordinary Becks.

I will now be drinking alcohol free Becks during all mid-week football games because:

a) it's cheaper and
b) doesn't get me drunk.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:16
"High polygon count"
You can inhale a tampon?

I bet that goes down well at parties!
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> true, but I could say the same thing for beer - the first time I drank
> it I found it was shall we say 'an aquired taste'. but you soon grow
> a thirst for it.

(applause)

To smoking. I don't know why I started, but I did. I'm not addicted to the nicotine (I smoke ultas, 1mg Tar and .1mg Nic, like that makes a difference though) I'm addicted to the habit. If I'm bored or stressed, I fancy a tab. Occupied I can go without.

Jan 2nd, is giving up day for me. I'm going to get one of those daft tampon inhalers, so I have somehting to do with my hands. If that doesn't get me stopped, nowt will.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:15
"High polygon count"
Thinking about it, I couldn't tell you the last time I drank anything alcoholic. Probably last Christmas.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:14
Regular
I do see alot of smoking references in films.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.