GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should smoking be banned?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/12/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Well, it’s being talked about at the moment. My own personal views on the subject, as a non-smoker, are that it should not be.

Although I don’t smoke myself, who is it for me or anyone else for that matter to tell you that you can’t? On the practical side of things smoking injects a rather large sum of money into the country. Granted it will take quite a bit out, but I’d wager it’s not as much as it puts in.

There are some aspects of smoking that I don’t enjoy, the main one being the smokers that smoke in the designated non-smoking areas or intentionally blow their smoke into peoples faces, but this is fairly rare from my experiences.

Smoking is a habit, something that many smokers enjoy and do not want to give up. So why should they have to? Because it is bad for them?

They know the possible medical implications and as adults they should be able to make their own decision. Yes the nicotine in the cigarettes make it addictive, but there are plenty of other, possibly more dangerous drugs that are available and not being considered to be banned.

Alcohol for instance. I have never met a smoker that becomes more aggressive after a cigarette. Yet alcohol, which plays a part in rather a large amount of crime, is considered to be more acceptable.

Caffeine. I don’t know if any of you know anything about true caffeine addicts, but it is truly one of the worst and most health threatening addictions you can have. Heart problems, severe shaking and aggression all play a part.

I could go on, but can’t see the point. What are all your views on this?
Fri 05/12/03 at 18:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
How many people die each year due to drink driving?

How many innocent people?

Quite a few I’ll bet.

Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'll tell you why. The £10bn tax revenue it generates for the
> government every year.

Bingo.
Fri 05/12/03 at 18:20
"Darkness, always"
The problem with smoking is that, while you can argue that it doesn;t make people aggressive etc, smoking does kill, and unlike alcoholism or caffeine addiction, when smoking, you're not just killing yourself, but via passive smoking you're killing loads of other people too. 1,000 people die every year due to passive smoking.

By comparison, 20 people died over the course of 5 years due to incidents relating to drivers using their mobile while driving. That is now banned, why isn;t smoking?

I'll tell you why. The £10bn tax revenue it generates for the government every year.
Fri 05/12/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Well, it’s being talked about at the moment. My own personal views on the subject, as a non-smoker, are that it should not be.

Although I don’t smoke myself, who is it for me or anyone else for that matter to tell you that you can’t? On the practical side of things smoking injects a rather large sum of money into the country. Granted it will take quite a bit out, but I’d wager it’s not as much as it puts in.

There are some aspects of smoking that I don’t enjoy, the main one being the smokers that smoke in the designated non-smoking areas or intentionally blow their smoke into peoples faces, but this is fairly rare from my experiences.

Smoking is a habit, something that many smokers enjoy and do not want to give up. So why should they have to? Because it is bad for them?

They know the possible medical implications and as adults they should be able to make their own decision. Yes the nicotine in the cigarettes make it addictive, but there are plenty of other, possibly more dangerous drugs that are available and not being considered to be banned.

Alcohol for instance. I have never met a smoker that becomes more aggressive after a cigarette. Yet alcohol, which plays a part in rather a large amount of crime, is considered to be more acceptable.

Caffeine. I don’t know if any of you know anything about true caffeine addicts, but it is truly one of the worst and most health threatening addictions you can have. Heart problems, severe shaking and aggression all play a part.

I could go on, but can’t see the point. What are all your views on this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.