GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Being a Christian"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/12/03 at 11:05
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I am sharing a simple message of the love of Jesus and the sacrifice He paid for sin, in this post. Jesus

Jesus is going to return one day, soon and will judge the world, on account of all its sins. Revelation (the last book of the bible) gives a vivid prophetic view on the return of Christ, stating "every eye shall see". Jesus will decide who is allowed unto the Kingdom of God for all eternity through the straight and narrow path and who passes through the gates of the broad and wide path.

The Kingdom of God is heaven which is described as a place of no more tears, or pains, night or day or hunger or famin. We are told he has the best mansions lined up for his people and has glories beyond our human interpretation.

He also tells us about Hell, a place of weeping and nashing of teeth, a place of eternal punishment and terrible suffering. He also says some will have few stripes and some who reject the word of Lord will have many stripes.

My friends in order to pass from death until life you must allow in the Holy Spirit and must pray for God to come into your life. No amount of charity money or giving or helping will enter you into the Kingdom of God for all eternity except by this way; excepting the Lord Jesus into your life, the same man that took away all man's sins on the cross. John 3:16 "For God so loved the World that he sent his one and only son, for who ever believeth in him may not perish but have everlasting life" Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. He paid the price for sin, in order to get the burden of sin off your shoulders and with you for all eternity in Hell, you need to trust in the Lord Jesus, who died for sin. This is the most important decision you will ever make, either accept you are a sinner and Jesus has taken away your sin or reject Jesus and face Him one day and all eternity in Hell.

God bless and thankyou for your time. If you are interested in any of the points raised in this article or you would like to ask Jesus into your life please feel free to write to me at [email protected]
Page:
Sat 31/07/04 at 23:08
"period drama"
And to quote the Bible:

"In the six hundrenth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month - on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth ...

... The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of twenty feet ...

... By the first day of the first month of Noah's six hundred and first year the water had dried up from the earth
"

Can you imagine the volume of water it would take to cover the whole earth equally up to twenty feet above every mountain?
And all that came and went in under a year.

Of course, I'm trying to disprove religion with science, here.
And FF will try to back up religion with science.

A clever man would back up religion with religion.
Uttering the simple, all-conquering, undefeatable stock-phrase "God did it"
[S]hoorah!
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:54
"period drama"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Wouldn't different kinds of ozone layer/climates impact the water
> cycle though? Plus the water can turn into ice/snow, or be absorbed
> and form underground, or in lakes etc caused by changed terrain. The
> water cycle isn't quite a closed system.

Yes it is - the water is always there, somewhere on the earth or in the atmoshphere. Whether in ice or water vapour or actual water, there is always the same amount of water on the earth - it can't just float away into space.
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:

> Now the problem here is that successive generations have all been
> told the same story, that the world was going to end, and successive
> relgious believers have substituted the cause of the apocalypse for
> the metaphorical bogeymen of the time.

bogeyman lol hahah
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Then God buggered everything up by flooding the whole planet
> twenty-feet above Everest. And then that water magically dissapeared
> - seeing as the water cycle is a closed system, that's pretty
> impossible.

Wouldn't different kinds of ozone layer/climates impact the water cycle though? Plus the water can turn into ice/snow, or be absorbed and form underground, or in lakes etc caused by changed terrain. The water cycle isn't quite a closed system.
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:15
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> You believe the world won't end like the Bible predicts? Just a few
> decades ago in the Cuban Missile Crisis they were worried the whole
> world could get wiped out. Today we have mass terrorism, the world's
> getting more evil. Revelation's prophecy is all fitting together.

Now the problem here is that successive generations have all been told the same story, that the world was going to end, and successive relgious believers have substituted the cause of the apocalypse for the metaphorical bogeymen of the time. Everything from asteroids, nuclear weapons, earthquakes, women voting, terrorism, witchcraft and sorcery, gay sexuality, printed text, women working, Sunday opening etc.

The trouble is that the Church needs an ever missed apocalypse to survive. After all, as any environmentalist would tell you, the likelihood is that any extinction event would simply wipe out mankind and leave the world itself to happily heal itself. Without some kind of ever close doomsday scenario then it brings into question large parts of the religion - especially about Jesus arising etc Essentially it's the Chursh saying "be good kids or the Devil will get you when the world burns" - they probably miss out the fact that the Devil was a creation of the early Christian Church as well. After all, if you've created your own super 'God' then he needs a suitable enemy eh? Not going to keep the peasants in awe of your organisation if there is no threat eh?

OF course another problem is the Christian/Western centric nature of the Bible in the first place. How come Al Qaeda looks at their text of their own religion and says that actually, all you Christians are going to perish and the nutty Al Qaeda form of Islam will create a new paradise? I mean, you've both got a book that's the best part of a tree backing your story up...

Plus, despite evidence in the Bible that God does step in, how come he's supposed to step back and watch everyone die? That's a little f* cked up isn't it? And, while we're here, does this prophecy stuff apply to the USA and Europe, because I'm pretty sure that no one in the bible takes a road trip to Europe and the what is the USA didn't really enter the European sphere of knowledge until (I think) 1466. Not to mention the fact that just about every nation where the mainly whie European colonists didn't go (and actually quite a few where they did) retained a different religion, with a different holy book, with different prophecies. And that's excusing the odd misnomer relgions like Voodoo.
Sat 31/07/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> No, not really.
> A water cycle developed naturally when the earth cooled down.
>
> Then God buggered everything up by flooding the whole planet
> twenty-feet above Everest. And then that water magically dissapeared
> - seeing as the water cycle is a closed system, that's pretty
> impossible.

why say it?
Sat 31/07/04 at 20:56
"period drama"
No, not really.
A water cycle developed naturally when the earth cooled down.

Then God buggered everything up by flooding the whole planet twenty-feet above Everest. And then that water magically dissapeared - seeing as the water cycle is a closed system, that's pretty impossible.
Sat 31/07/04 at 20:55
Regular
"cachoo"
Great - can I have your autograph? o_O
Sat 31/07/04 at 20:54
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
There's a reason, yes...

Well I'm going now for tonight, will answer more questions tommorow morning.
Sat 31/07/04 at 20:53
Regular
"cachoo"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Whether sarcastic or not - I'll field this question. The water cycle
> as we have today, has changed since the beginning of creation.

Naw, I was being silly, a lotta people used to say it when kids. So there's a non-scientific reason as to why it rains?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.