GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Being a Christian"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/12/03 at 11:05
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I am sharing a simple message of the love of Jesus and the sacrifice He paid for sin, in this post. Jesus

Jesus is going to return one day, soon and will judge the world, on account of all its sins. Revelation (the last book of the bible) gives a vivid prophetic view on the return of Christ, stating "every eye shall see". Jesus will decide who is allowed unto the Kingdom of God for all eternity through the straight and narrow path and who passes through the gates of the broad and wide path.

The Kingdom of God is heaven which is described as a place of no more tears, or pains, night or day or hunger or famin. We are told he has the best mansions lined up for his people and has glories beyond our human interpretation.

He also tells us about Hell, a place of weeping and nashing of teeth, a place of eternal punishment and terrible suffering. He also says some will have few stripes and some who reject the word of Lord will have many stripes.

My friends in order to pass from death until life you must allow in the Holy Spirit and must pray for God to come into your life. No amount of charity money or giving or helping will enter you into the Kingdom of God for all eternity except by this way; excepting the Lord Jesus into your life, the same man that took away all man's sins on the cross. John 3:16 "For God so loved the World that he sent his one and only son, for who ever believeth in him may not perish but have everlasting life" Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. He paid the price for sin, in order to get the burden of sin off your shoulders and with you for all eternity in Hell, you need to trust in the Lord Jesus, who died for sin. This is the most important decision you will ever make, either accept you are a sinner and Jesus has taken away your sin or reject Jesus and face Him one day and all eternity in Hell.

God bless and thankyou for your time. If you are interested in any of the points raised in this article or you would like to ask Jesus into your life please feel free to write to me at [email protected]
Page:
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:

> Wouldn't different kinds of ozone layer/climates impact the water
> cycle though? Plus the water can turn into ice/snow, or be absorbed
> and form underground, or in lakes etc caused by changed terrain. The
> water cycle isn't quite a closed system.

Heh. Bearing in mind that Mary claimed that the waters of the flood just disappeared altogether (his science lessons must be fun; every single one can be reduced to "God did it"), I wish you luck in using Geographical terms to argue with him. Remember; he doesn't agree with Geology (cos the world is only a few thousand years old...), glaciation or vulcanology (is that the right term?), and he believes that dinosaurs and man co-existed. Oh, and he doesn't understand the laws of thermodynamics either.

He's been annhilated on all of these points, and his only response is to ignore them and then restate them much later on as if they hadn't been quite brutally disproved.
Thu 05/08/04 at 02:51
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
LSD wrote:
> I believe that god may exist through are mind, but will never in a
> physical way. Yes, I been to church mass; "terrible" priest
> talking nonsense, how god will forgive you if you give him some money
> (oh I forgot it's a Catholic church not a Puritans). I was standing
> for two hours while the priest talk how the world will end If we
> don't get rid of our sin. He also talk about how politics and
> technology ruins our life.
> I had a dream last night, that god will return to earth and heal
> everyone (a load of bullsh't), acually it was about girls.

That's the problem with some religions. They preach God's forgiveness IF we give money. God doesn't want to buy your love, and you can't buy His. He gives it freely. John 3:16. And the world's going to end anyway. Read Revelation. Politics probably has ruined some of us. Technology hasn't. If anything, it's improved us. Look at this conversation. Without technology, we'd probably not be having it.
Thu 05/08/04 at 02:47
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Cong_Woman wrote:
> Archangel wrote:
> Feel free to step on that soap box at any time. That's what these
> forums are about.
> I was raised Catholic. Forced to go. Hated it. But now, it's
> different. I want to go. I enjoy it. (I don't go to a Catholic
> church
> anymore, though. I attend a Baptist church.)
>
> Arhcangel.. I just feel a fraud coming in here as i dont
> usually..Usually in the non serious stuff like general chat or
> others.. However it did made me think about things in my life.. I
> even went to confession which is something i havent done since i was
> 16.. So as you can tell i had a lot to confess.. A whole 8 years
> worth :|

Never feel like a fraud. As I stated, express your opinion. I'm glad and happy for you that it made you think about things. The Bible declares that our life is a vapor. It's here for an instant, then gone. And also that we're not promised tomorrow.
Not trying to change your religion, (forgive me if it seems that way) but try talking directly to God through Jesus. That's the only way the Bible describes that we can get to the Father is through the Son. I do hope, though, that you feel somewhat better about yourself. Remember the old adage: "Confession is good for the soul."
Mon 02/08/04 at 22:32
Regular
I believe that god may exist through are mind, but will never in a physical way. Yes, I been to church mass; "terrible" priest talking nonsense, how god will forgive you if you give him some money (oh I forgot it's a Catholic church not a Puritans). I was standing for two hours while the priest talk how the world will end If we don't get rid of our sin. He also talk about how politics and technology ruins our life.
I had a dream last night, that god will return to earth and heal everyone (a load of bullsh't), acually it was about girls.
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:21
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Archangel wrote: >
> Feel free to step on that soap box at any time. That's what these
> forums are about.
> I was raised Catholic. Forced to go. Hated it. But now, it's
> different. I want to go. I enjoy it. (I don't go to a Catholic church
> anymore, though. I attend a Baptist church.)

Arhcangel.. I just feel a fraud coming in here as i dont usually..Usually in the non serious stuff like general chat or others.. However it did made me think about things in my life.. I even went to confession which is something i havent done since i was 16.. So as you can tell i had a lot to confess.. A whole 8 years worth :|
Sun 01/08/04 at 21:53
"period drama"
Well, I suppose a massive ball of ice crashing into earth would add in a little more water.
Sun 01/08/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I'll dig out the counter argument in more detail, but my alcohol addled mind recalls something about climate changes, asteroids (!) etc
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:51
"period drama"
> No it isn't actually, I was sure I'd read about it in National
> Geographic and a quick google shows that, in fact, it's not
> conclusive either way that the water cycle is a closed system.

Well, my apologies.
That's pretty interesting - so what's the counter-argument all about then?
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:50
"period drama"
Forest Fan wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> No, not really.
> A water cycle developed naturally when the earth cooled down.
>
> Yes, but don't you understand that evolution has a different answer
> to everything to creation. We agree on very few, just because
> evolution says one particular event happened, it doesn't make it so.

What the hell has evolution got to do with the water cycle and the earth cooling down?
Sun 01/08/04 at 16:28
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
> This is highly appropriate....
> [URL]http://www.animenews.co.uk/threadbless.jpg[/URL]
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.