GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo DS Vs. X-box 360"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/05/05 at 00:02
Regular
It is safe to say I am REALLY looking forward to Zelda and Pokemon XD this year (and Geist to a smaller but otherwise essential degree), 2 Christmas treats.

But as a Christmas present I WAS planning on getting a Nintendo DS. Already there are some games I'd like, Pac-Pix, Mario 64 DS, Wario Ware, Touch! Kirby and Yoshi's Touch and Go. But the Christmas line up looks immense. Nintendogs appears a good laugh, Snowboard Kids is back and I am truly looking forward to Goeman. Don't get me started on Mario and Luigi 2 (Dances) and Metroid Prime. It is also online and I have wi-fi (yay).

I have no intention on getting a PSP (even if I do love Medievil) but Microsoft's new system looks the nuts!

A few good games at E3 could easily sway me.

So what do you think?
Sun 15/05/05 at 13:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
To be honest, since I've upgraded my PC, I've played games on it far more than my Cube in recent months. Thing with the cube is, that it has certain gems that you'll never find on a PC.
Sun 15/05/05 at 13:42
Regular
That's basically what Microsoft and Sony see the future of home hardware being. Getting all your DVD/Gaming/PC equipment into one box that sits underneath your TV, if they can keep the price down then I'm gonna have to say I agree with them.

They're certainly doing a lot right. At the start of the previous generation I wouldn't have touched an Xbox with a bargepole, these days though I can't help but think that Microsoft are by far making the bigger steps to advance the market.

Fingers crossed Nintendo might supsrise me at E3 and do something amazing. Though the way they've been recently though I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Sun 15/05/05 at 13:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It was inevitable really. I think Microsoft's plan was always to box up a PC and sell it as a console, which is a very good idea because it keeps a lot of the PC's strong points (customisation, interaction between devices, multitasking), while eliminating the annoying ones to do with gaming (unstandardised hardware, temperamental and prone to crashing, constant upgrading). It certainly does seem like a good idea, but the problem is that all of the extra features (photos, videos, multimedia interactivity), I can do on my PC anyway, so I don't need another machine to do that for me.
Sun 15/05/05 at 14:29
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
What's the XBox 360 going to cost though? I'm sure it won't be cheap. It does sound tempting though.
Sun 15/05/05 at 14:58
Regular
It's like you say, a cut down standardised PC, which is good because it means there's not so much "messing around".

The PC pains with being Jack of All Trades, master of NONE.
Some people have the patience to get the best out of it, not all of us can boast that.

Personally, I think I'd choose this new Xbox over a DS.
There's still plenty of Xbox classics to catch up on and I've always wanted live. Also, if PD0 is anywhere near as good as it's "predecessors"...

The one drawback is the price of a new system and the price of new-gen games.
Sun 15/05/05 at 16:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The PC is master of internet browsing, programming, FPS, strategy and MMORPGs, graphics, customisation, versatility, sound, display and many many other things.

It depends what you want, Dringo - I'd wait to see how the Revolution and PS3 play out - it might turn out that the Revolution will have most of the Xbox games on it plus the Nintendo ones, or that the PS3 will be miles better than the 360. If you're after console games then obviously get the 360 but if you're after more pick up and play arcae stuff, get the DS.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:09
Regular
I disagree with Tilt's attack on the DS, the games are a lot of fun.

The X-box 360 does look cool, I guess it is PC like in one sense but a PC can't replicate the feeling of a games console. And that is what the X-box 360 is.

Co-op with hedfix... hmmmm. I'll see if I shall get it. I do want it but the price may put me off for a bit.

I'm sure we can co-operate over the Revolution :).
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:10
Regular
And Gerrid good point. Might need to check the competiton.

Although I'll get the Revolution regardless.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well if speculation is anything to go by, the Revolution will be the most online integrated console, and it should probably be able to play any games that the 360 can play (or it least it will if Nintendo have any sense), so unless you're after specific franchises, then I don't see the point. If you're after PD0 I understand, but £250 is a bit steep just for one game, don't you think?
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:33
Regular
Well fortunatly it is the style of games I am after like Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark is the selling point, and I'd get conker.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.