GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo DS Vs. X-box 360"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/05/05 at 00:02
Regular
It is safe to say I am REALLY looking forward to Zelda and Pokemon XD this year (and Geist to a smaller but otherwise essential degree), 2 Christmas treats.

But as a Christmas present I WAS planning on getting a Nintendo DS. Already there are some games I'd like, Pac-Pix, Mario 64 DS, Wario Ware, Touch! Kirby and Yoshi's Touch and Go. But the Christmas line up looks immense. Nintendogs appears a good laugh, Snowboard Kids is back and I am truly looking forward to Goeman. Don't get me started on Mario and Luigi 2 (Dances) and Metroid Prime. It is also online and I have wi-fi (yay).

I have no intention on getting a PSP (even if I do love Medievil) but Microsoft's new system looks the nuts!

A few good games at E3 could easily sway me.

So what do you think?
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:02
Regular
It is safe to say I am REALLY looking forward to Zelda and Pokemon XD this year (and Geist to a smaller but otherwise essential degree), 2 Christmas treats.

But as a Christmas present I WAS planning on getting a Nintendo DS. Already there are some games I'd like, Pac-Pix, Mario 64 DS, Wario Ware, Touch! Kirby and Yoshi's Touch and Go. But the Christmas line up looks immense. Nintendogs appears a good laugh, Snowboard Kids is back and I am truly looking forward to Goeman. Don't get me started on Mario and Luigi 2 (Dances) and Metroid Prime. It is also online and I have wi-fi (yay).

I have no intention on getting a PSP (even if I do love Medievil) but Microsoft's new system looks the nuts!

A few good games at E3 could easily sway me.

So what do you think?
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:04
All depends on what the Xmas line-up is for the 360. If PD Zero, Ghost Recon and PGR3 are confirmed launch titles, then that's me plumping for it. But if tose games don't tickle your fancy, I'd stick with the DS.
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:13
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The DS is a better idea, as you can take it around with you. Plus it's wireless multiplayer, and has a better range of games.
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:16
Regular
Rai wrote:
> The DS is a better idea, as you can take it around with you. Plus it's
> wireless multiplayer, and has a better range of games.

A: I probably won't take my DS around with me.

B: I've got wi-fi in my house and the X-box goes online.

C: How do you know?
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
If you're not planning to take DS around with you I'd go for the 360.
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:46
Regular
So the DS is only good if you take it around with you?
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:51
"Uzi Lover"
Buy them all.

I probably will end up doing so and not mean it.
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:55
"Uzi Lover"
If I had the choice, most def an Xbox 360.

Reason being for all the Xbox Live online stuff. And your gonna get some great games on that system.

I've got a DS. I won't use it much. Only when the big games come out like Pokemon etc.
Sun 15/05/05 at 01:13
Regular
Yeah I just saw Perfect Dark 0 and I nearly cried.

If it is backwards compatible then yes.

Might have to get a DS with my student loan (bad Chris) and get a few of the games I really want and enjoy this next gen x-box machine for Christmas.

Although knowing me, it'll come outta my own pocket.
Sun 15/05/05 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Xbox 360 is looking like a sweet option, but mainly because it's backwards compatible, so I can enjoy all the Xbox games that I've wanted. Saying that, however, the description of the 360 makes it sound like a PC:

share photos, videos, interface with digital cameras, operating system designed by Microsoft, stands upright, files and folders - I can do all that on my PC right now. Even the controllers remind me of the old Microsoft Sidewinder (there's also a Logitech PC controller that is IDENTICAL)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.