GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forgotton Movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/12/03 at 03:43
Regular
"cachoo"
Are there any movies that you haven't seen for yonks that you've remembered recently? It's nice when you suddenly remember films that you haven't seen for ages.

I looked in the Sunday TV Mag yesterday and saw Flight of The Navigator.. that was a wicked film.. then I remembered D.A.R.Y.L, another good one.

What movies can you remember from watching when you were young ?
Wed 03/12/03 at 13:46
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Battle Beyond the Stars is class.

Wasn't that the film which featured Hannibal from the A Team as a Space Cowboy? And didn't Robert Vaughn have some sort of crappy ship too and a bunch of Aliens in a UFO were all linked or am I getting confused with the Last Starfighter where he wins the battle spinning his ship so fast it is stupid and made me want to kill.

I must seek help.
Wed 03/12/03 at 13:52
"Darkness, always"
No, you were on the money there.

"Live fast, fight hard and die a glorious death! Also take a moment to eye up my breasts as my chest heaves in an exaggerated fashion and I give you sultry looks through the vidcom"
Wed 03/12/03 at 14:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> Battle Beyond the Stars is class.

Just look at the magnificence of the poster: -

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/ product_images/1020/48577.1020.A.jpg

I'm going to hunt this down on DVD methinks.
Wed 03/12/03 at 21:39
Regular
"8==="
Totoro wrote:
> Howard the Duck.
> Never seen it myself, and I'm sure some studio execs would wish it to
> stay forgotten.

Excellent Movie.

Cocaine definately played a part in the concoction of that story.
Thu 04/12/03 at 09:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Has anyone heard of a film called "Ankle Biters"? It's about midget vampires. Blockbuster actually refused to rent it to someone I know on the grounds that it was too bad! Saw it in Harlow Blockbuster the other week, but got out Return To Collinwood instead. I know what I'm getting next time though!
Thu 04/12/03 at 09:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Has anyone heard of a film called "Ankle Biters"? It's
> about midget vampires. Blockbuster actually refused to rent it to
> someone I know on the grounds that it was too bad! Saw it in Harlow
> Blockbuster the other week, but got out Return To Collinwood instead.
> I know what I'm getting next time though!

"Ankle Biters" is one of the worst films I have ever seen. With midget vampires and a micro budget you would have thought at least some fun might be found in it, but sadly, no. ("Jack Frost: The Killer Snowman" springs to mind where the opposite is true)

The acting is appaling (I can stand that), the story is poor (I can stand that too), effects are none existent (again, no a problem) but the criminal fact is that its just *boring*

Each time the midget vamps attack, they just sort of lie on the floor, growling and nibbling the big guys legs. Trust me, it's not as fun as it sounds.

Save yourself 3 quid. Don't bother.
Thu 04/12/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's either that or Kangaroo Jack - you see my dilemma?
Thu 04/12/03 at 10:00
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> It's either that or Kangaroo Jack - you see my dilemma?

Phhhho. A difficult choice indeed. Go for "Cradle of Fear" starring the lead singer from Cradle of Filth. Thats a good gore fest, if you are into that sort of thing ;)

Predictable, but I havn't seen gore at that level since "Brain Dead"
Thu 04/12/03 at 11:06
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Ticks.
A cheesy low budget horror film starring Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Scott Evil.
They're amongst a group of troublesome inner-city kids who go camping in the forest as part of some city youth project, but what they find is more terrifying and horrific than anyone could ever imagine; oversized killer ticks!

It could be an ironic B-movie spoof, or just plain clichéd crap, I can't remember.
Thu 04/12/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Totoro wrote:
> Ticks.
> It could be an ironic B-movie spoof, or just plain clichéd
> crap, I can't remember.

clichéd crap if I remember correctly. There was next to no gore or tick attacks in it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.