GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop it"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/11/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Post these suck-ass stories somewhere else.
Somebody needs to say it and I don't care about what you think of me enough to be the one to stand up and say it.

They suck.
Plain and simple.
Harsh but true. Deal with it.
Most of this first page are stories. Bad ones.
A couple are alright, but most are sub-A Level English lit essays on predictability.
"He sat in a big armchair in room. The room was big, he turned on a television. The television was big"
Christ....

"What do you know Goatboy? Who are you to tell us what to post and where? Blah blah blah blah"
I'm me, it's true, shut up.
"Intelligent discussion"
Nothing about the bombs in Turkey, nothing about Dubya's visit to London, nothing about the anniversary of JFK's assasination.
"Well I'm not interested in that stuff"
Well you should be. It's the world, it's what is going on around you, it's what will affect and shape the outcomes of your lives.
Or if you *are* going to write a short story, write one that is
(a) Interesting
(b) Has a point to it
(c) Doesn't involve murder/blood/vampires/war

You want to learn to write?
Great, take a ticket and join the back of line. It stretches waaaaaaay round the corner there, bring a packed lunch cos you'll be there a while.

You want to write seriously, you want it to be what, published?
Go for it.
But please, once you've written something, read it back to see if it can be improved. Give it to somebody that doesn't know you wrote it.
And stop crying when somebody says "That's terrible/sorry not interested/read it before/whatever".

Do me a favour you budding Danielle Steeles:
I'll set you a topic to write about in another thread, write your best attempt in there.
Your very best, re-write it again and then again.
Then submit it.
Write about what you know, something that matters to you. Inject it with yourself and not 5 sentences trying to describe the bloody temperature.

I'll pop back in a couple hours and give you the topic.
Trust me, I'm (in 2 years time) an English Teacher, and y'all are my students.

Just please stop bashing out gore stories with your forehead rods and getting huffy when somebody says "That reeks of ass".
Mon 24/11/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Still considered more important and lovely than you though mate

*points at Notable colour and status*
See that?
They voted me, even though I told them I thought they were dumb bunnies.
It was like "The Life of Brian" when he screams at them to just go away and they hold a shoe aloft.

*shrugs*
Most of the stories suck ass. Somebody had to say it instead of damning with faint praise.
Mon 24/11/03 at 14:48
Regular
No, I agree, you are a t*sser.

You are but one person on a little website that people type words into. If you don't like the amount of stories on here, well feel free to post about that, but if you're looking for irony in that other topic you posted, well spot on.

Just because you don't like reading stories and/or encouraging others to write doesn't mean you have the chance to bully them into stopping. So what if these people don't go on to be the greatest writers of their times? They're just writing a damn story!

So yes, some of them are crap and the thought that 'you're all strong and clever' for writing yet another sniping topic saying that 'you all suck' is more funny than anything.

Not so long ago I came on this website to page after page of boring crappy war topics. That's my taste, I can't stand discussing it because I have the common sense to realise I have my own opinion and everyone else has theirs. There was no need for half those damn topics and it annoyed me, and I made that clear a few times.

This is different. People aren't writing their opinions, they're writing what's on their mind and trying to delve into their imagination and to be honest I think that should be applauded, not shot down.

People, if you read this, then I urge you to keep writing stories in topics like you have done before. There's sod all wrong with it and I for one enjoy reading them.

And people who don't enjoy reading them?

Make a stand and write about something else. I'm sure there must be something else you can be passionate about instead of being critical to anyone elses taste and mind. Monkey_man had the right idea all along, and to be honest I love reading about his cats.

Sorry, but I'm not going to stand by and watch as you bully others into doing your will. If you don't like the stories, don't read them. It's your loss.
Mon 24/11/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I've changed my mind.
I change my mind at least 3 times a day for the better option - it's my religion.
I agree with master Thraves, everyone should carry on posting stories, just spread them out a bit.
Making stuff is good for the soul... in fact, it is the soul.
Mon 24/11/03 at 15:17
"Darkness, always"
Personally, I think that if there are going to be this many stories, they should have a forum of their own.
Mon 24/11/03 at 15:20
Regular
There did used to be a story forum, back in the day...
Mon 24/11/03 at 15:36
"Darkness, always"
Yes, but nobody posted stories, and those that did didn't hang around to give feedback on other stories, so it was just a stream of one post topics and a lot of tumbleweed.
Mon 24/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Black Glove wrote:

> I've decided that if I post anything more in here, they will be 'true
> stories/real accounts'. My twitching fingers were moving that way
> anyway.

I read this after reading your 'bully' story. I am now verrry frightened.
Mon 24/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Another great post from the king of diplomacy.

Surely, as you're an English teacher to be, you could come up with something a little more constructive? You can be damn sure that most high school pupil literature will be worse than this. Get some practice in.
Mon 24/11/03 at 16:45
"Darkness, always"
I have visions of Goatboy receiving a piece of work, reading over it quickly, calling the pupil to his desk while lighting a cigarette (SMOKER!"!"122). When the kid gets close enough, he takes a deep drag and blows the smoke in the kids face.

"Now" he says "re-write this, only this time don't make it crap."

The kid, coughing and sobbing amidst a stream of tears, runs wailing back to the back of the class.
Mon 24/11/03 at 16:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Or Goaty uses the cigarette to burn a hole through the paper.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.