GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aha. I was right."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 22:24
Regular
[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617195p1.html[/URL]

Who was right?
I was right
IN YOUR FASE!
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:22
Regular
Nintendo fans are always more passionate than X-box and Playstation fans.

Last year it was a good show all round really. But visit the Nintendo forum and the most activity was there.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:11
Regular
"bot"
although, in fairness, Sony and Microsoft fans don't really have anything to complain about E3-wise.

Well, there's that whole "the games were running on Macs and not Xbox 360s" thing, but otherwise everything went to plan for them.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:04
Regular
Are people actually coming round to my way of thinking?

*faints*

It is true. Nintendo fans are by far the most passionate.

When Nintendo make a bad bussiness decision we don't think "Oh Nintendo can deal with it" Like Sony or Microsoft fans would. It actually hurts us. It is almost as if the Nintendo bussiness is our bussiness.

Slightly bizarre, but I'm sure it'll keep those big wigs at Nintendo smiling.
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:22
"period drama"
Just look at the E3 activity in this thread compared to the others ...
That's what Ninty does to you.
Fri 20/05/05 at 18:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I totally agree Mav, and I'll just say that's probably one of the best posts on E3 I've seen :)

Nintendo have always, even among those who aren't Nintendo fans, been able to draw a big reaction from whatever they're doing. Keeping quiet at E3 was controversial but if they'd bared all against the other two giants they would have realistically still not stolen the show, however great Revolution will be. A separate unveiling (like Spaceworld) will be all about them.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:19
Regular
People are disappointed only because they expect the unexpected when it comes to Nintendo's announcements. They're anticipating something big but they don't know what it is.

When Microsoft and Sony unveil their new consoles, people think "ok, that looks good". But because it's exactly what everyone knew would happen, nobody is particularly enthusiastic. They were predicted to reveal powerful machines and that they did. They filled the quota.

When Nintendo make an announcement, people sit up and take notice, because nobody knows what they'll be hit with. You can expect magazine editors say "have three pages each for the latest Microsoft and Sony offerings, and anything from 1-6 pages for Nintendo".

Nintendo still have the power to evoke a ridiculous amount of emotion in people - whether it's American journalists crying during last year's Twilight Princess and DS unveiling, or fanatics ranting and raving over this year's quiet conference.

I'm not disappointed, not really. For me, Zelda has been the best thing of E3. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are tomorrow's world. Nice, but I'm not particularly enthused at the moment. It's fair to say that I too was expecting some more concrete Revolution information, but when it didn't come I wasn't bothered.

Nintendo have no rush or obligation, and when they do properly unveil the Revolution, people will be excited, and the press will swarm over it, and not a single person is going to care about what didn't happen at E3.
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> You must admit a little dissapointment at Ninty this show, though,
> right?
> It was pretty crap.

Sure I'd have liked the Revolution information we all want. And I remember how last year Nintendo really had a brilliant conference. But that was with the unveiling of the DS, the shock anouncement of Zelda and Miyamoto holding a big sword. So compared, it was pretty crap, but it could have been a lot worse.

They could have shown nothing of the Rev, opting to show it all at once at a later date. They did show us an unfinished shell which at least is a design to get stuck in people's minds and shows Nintendo are going for a more "adult" look this time. The Micro is guff for anyone who already has a GBA (most people by now) but it *will* boost overall sales, there's no denying it. And Zelda of course was great. So yeh, overall not a good conference, but not a terrible one.
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:44
Regular
"bot"
I've said it before and I'll say it again; how can you possibly be disappointed by Nintendo's E3?

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/games/e32005/49.jpg[/URL]
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:12
"period drama"
Wow.
*awe*

You must admit a little dissapointment at Ninty this show, though, right?
It was pretty crap.

So I'm gonna be irritated for a few weeks, then get over it, and concentrate on Zelda and the proper DS game coming.
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just got so fed up of people whining over Nintendo right now - mostly on other boards ignorant people now hating Nintendo because they didn't deliver on whatever stupid rumour they've chosen to believe.

Although it's too cool for school to be cynical, FFF, I'm being even cooler by not being cynical about Nintendo, but being cynical of the cynics of Nintendo. Yeh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.