GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aha. I was right."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 22:24
Regular
[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617195p1.html[/URL]

Who was right?
I was right
IN YOUR FASE!
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:19
Regular
"bot"
Dringo wrote:
> For example if Pro-evo was on the gamecube both Pro-evo and FIFA
> would sell poorly and we'd end up with neither.

because that's what's happened on Xbox and PS2, where both games are available!!!!

Fri 20/05/05 at 23:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
JFH wrote:
> I don't care how Nintendo act at these big shows as long as they
> continue to produce games like Zelda, Pikmin, and Paper Mario.

Yeah great, and all, that's fine if you can get 2 consoles and have your Nintendo games and all the 3rd party games too. Sorry I can't really do that, so when I see Nintendo potentially throwing away the opportunity to melt both together in one console, I get a little annoyed.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> For example if Pro-evo was on the gamecube both Pro-evo and FIFA
> would sell poorly and we'd end up with neither.

Listen to yourself. Just read that crap back again to yourself. "If Pro-Evo and Fifa were on the same console they'd both sell badly". Nice one. You're just taking for granted that there won't be enough users to support two games of the same genre. It doesn't HAVE to be that way. That's what I'm saying.

And for God's sake Dringo read the damn post. I didn't say the N64 and GC weren't good, I said they could have been better. Sometimes I really wonder if you read past the first line at all.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:11
Regular
JFH wrote:
> I don't care how Nintendo act at these big shows as long as they
> continue to produce games like Zelda, Pikmin, and Paper Mario.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:07
Regular
"0228"
I don't care how Nintendo act at these big shows as long as they continue to produce games like Zelda, Pikmin, and Paper Mario.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:05
Regular
So you didn't like the N64 or Gamecube then?

Oh well nice knowing ya.

Enjoy your X-box.

If there is too much competiton for one game on a Nintendo platform they all sell badly and the third parties remove support.

For example if Pro-evo was on the gamecube both Pro-evo and FIFA would sell poorly and we'd end up with neither.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
J Allard has more personality that Iwata.

Nintendo's half hearted "yeah we've sort of thought about Revolution but not enough to have anything to show" attitude just smacks of their attitude for the N64 and the GC. I just really don't want Nintendo to make the same mistakes again and again, because in the end it impacts on us, so we get an inferior product to what we could have got if they'd done things a different way.

It just seems like they haven't learned, when you hear Miyamoto say that he doesn't want "to many games of the same type or genre", or see some crappy Ring of Revolution balls, and I want them to learn, becaue imagine a console with the storyline driven "mature" games like the Xbox, the range of sports games of the PS2 and all the Nintendo games, all online and all with a wonderful contoller. That's what we COULD have, if Nintendo didn't act the way they do - if they didn't just assume they could do whatever and everyone would dance to their tune.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:44
Regular
You're along the right lines. I think it is a bit more complex than that though.

Nintendo have more character than the other competitors.

Think about it Hiroshi Yamauchi and David Gosen have left Nintendo but they've developed into little Nintendo characters of their own.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:40
Regular
"0228"
Dringo wrote:
> Nintendo fans are always more passionate than X-box and Playstation
> fans.

That's because less GC owners are casual gamers and therefore they care more about games. The majority of casual gamers choose the PS2 or maybe X-box because the games are more suited to them whereas the people that bought GCs are more likely to be more regular gamers because nintendo provide more games for that purpose. Maybe.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:36
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
I am proud to be a Nintendo fan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.