GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aha. I was right."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 22:24
Regular
[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617195p1.html[/URL]

Who was right?
I was right
IN YOUR FASE!
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:36
Regular
"0228"
But it will because of the image problem and I like I've said it will be almost imposible to recover from. Nintendo are now widely seen as a kiddy company and I will be extremely impressed if they do manage to pull back 2nd in the next generation.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But what law says that the Revolution has to be in 3rd place? None? If it is then it'll be due to Nintendo's own mistakes, just like the GC.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:31
Regular
"0228"
Yes there is, Newton's third law: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

So X-box gets lots of third party support so the opposite reaction for Nintedo is getting very little. I'm sure that's what Newton meant, well ahead of his time.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They don't have to be in pole position. Xbox isn't in pole position but that gets all the 3rd party games you'd want. It doesn't miss out on any multiformat games. There is no law that says that the console in 3rd place can't get all the multiformat games, is there?
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:26
Regular
"0228"
gerrid wrote:
> It only has a tiny fanbase because of Nintendo. It doesn't have to
> be this way

It will take a modern day Goebbels to get Nintendo back in pole position. Nintendo's image problem is almost impossible to recover from so they may as well stick with what they have, and pray.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
that isn't the choice, that's what I'm saying!

It's not a choice between just 3rd party games or Nintendo games, it's a choice between just Nintendo games, or Nintendo games plus good 3rd party games.

How can you say you would prefer just Nintendo games? It doesn't make sense.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:23
Regular
"0228"
gerrid, I don't have two consoles just my Gamecube, but I know that I'd rather have a few fantastic Nintendo titles than hundreds of good third party games.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It only has a tiny fanbase because of Nintendo. It doesn't have to be this way
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:21
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> For example if Pro-evo was on the gamecube both Pro-evo and FIFA
> would sell poorly and we'd end up with neither.
>
> because that's what's happened on Xbox and PS2, where both games are
> available!!!!

Yeah because the PS2 and X-box has the same tiny fanbase as the Gamecube.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:20
Regular
I know I was just teasing you.

At the moment Nintendo cannot afford to lose third party support. So if they have too many of the same franchise they lose support. The fan base isn't hard enough.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.