GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Book Club"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/07/09 at 08:28
Regular
"THFC"
One thing i had noticed is that there is little discussion about books on here, we review film and games but i have rarely seen anyone do anything about books, which i used to be fine with. I had never really had any interest in books, but while i was on holiday i found myself getting a book and going through it very quickly.

So now i am trying to get more books i will enjoy and find out authors who i like. But not many people i know are big book fans, so i was thinking we should have this forum to discuss briefly any books you have read and think others might enjoy based on what they have said they enjoy.

For example; I like fictional books and probably push even further to fantasy (like RPG's lol) but am happy to try new things. I really liked the Lord of the Rings books and am looking for things like that. I was reading a book from Anne Mcaffrey, a series of books about a Fantasy world called Pern (some of you may know about it)

Anyway, i was thinking this could be a great way for users to share books they have enjoyed and help others out, so let start from here - any ideas of books ill like??
Mon 12/10/09 at 14:31
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, Look forward to getting into it.

I know people probably say this about most books they read, but i am shocked this had not been turned into a film.

Seems to have a large number of fans and a great plot. Would be original compared to most films, but then i guess so many books would make good films!
Mon 12/10/09 at 13:42
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Emmie87 wrote:
> Cool, i might have to look at them, are none of the characters in
> it??

Hm, I dont want to give anything away especially since you've not finished the first set yet. Characters from Liveship Traders turn up in the Tawny Man, I'll say that much.
Mon 12/10/09 at 12:59
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, i might have to look at them, are none of the characters in it??

I do like the charatcres that have been put in the Farseer trilogy, really looking forward to how it all ends, but that is over 800 pages away lol.

I cant believe i actually now choose to readover playing Xbox, i am enjoying it that much.

Thanks for suggesting the book Garin : D
Mon 12/10/09 at 12:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Glad you like it, as I said one of my favourites. :)

As you said there is another trilogy. But if you want to read things in chronologic order it might be worthwhile reading The Livership Traders first. Its set in a different part of the world but it sets up world events for The Tawny Man (the follow up).
Mon 12/10/09 at 08:47
Regular
"THFC"
Went a bit heavy on reading at the weekend, finished book 2 in the trilogy and have started the third. Really enjoying them now, some nice little twists thrown in and seems like everything will build up to a big end to the third book.
Thu 08/10/09 at 11:21
Regular
"THFC"
Been a bit slow on reading lately as been out and playing new games. But Loving the Farseer Trilogy, thanks for the recommend on that.

Nearing the end of the 2nd book and have this ordered and on it's way. Heard there is another trilogy which follows on from it, will be itneresting to see how it all wraps up and gets involved with it.

Anyone read any good books lately, i got my hands full with these but never hurts to have books for the future!
Tue 15/09/09 at 09:53
Regular
"THFC"
The book i am waiting to be delivered is about 3 days late, realy annoying as i am going on Holiday soon and would like to take it with me!
Tue 15/09/09 at 09:47
Regular
I try to read two books a week. Mixing the classics with some Terry Pratchett. Good books though, not the kind that Garin might pick up like Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. To each his own I suppose.
Tue 08/09/09 at 15:20
Regular
"THFC"
Just ordered Royal Assassin (2nd in Farseer trilogy) think i will give it a go, i enjoyed the first one and the second seems to have even more going on, and for £4 i can't complain too much.

The Belgaird Series is my next one after this, i was going to order Pawn or Prophecy now but having two books would distract me lol
Mon 07/09/09 at 16:52
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Read the first two most recently. Very very good to be honest, still doesn't better "The Wheel of Time" or the Belgariad series.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.