GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Book Club"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/07/09 at 08:28
Regular
"THFC"
One thing i had noticed is that there is little discussion about books on here, we review film and games but i have rarely seen anyone do anything about books, which i used to be fine with. I had never really had any interest in books, but while i was on holiday i found myself getting a book and going through it very quickly.

So now i am trying to get more books i will enjoy and find out authors who i like. But not many people i know are big book fans, so i was thinking we should have this forum to discuss briefly any books you have read and think others might enjoy based on what they have said they enjoy.

For example; I like fictional books and probably push even further to fantasy (like RPG's lol) but am happy to try new things. I really liked the Lord of the Rings books and am looking for things like that. I was reading a book from Anne Mcaffrey, a series of books about a Fantasy world called Pern (some of you may know about it)

Anyway, i was thinking this could be a great way for users to share books they have enjoyed and help others out, so let start from here - any ideas of books ill like??
Wed 11/11/09 at 15:59
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I like Spike Milligan's version of the bible. :)
Wed 11/11/09 at 15:52
Regular
Picked up a relatively unknown book called "The Bible" the other day.

"There were giants in the earth in those days"

Spellbinding.
Wed 11/11/09 at 15:12
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
> Got two new books out this month on order but no time to read
> them.
>
> Wheel of Time Book 12 and Song of Ice and Fire book 5 :D

I'm 99% sure we wont be seeing book 5 of Song of Ice and Fire anytime this year.

Just been reading about HBO's series based upon Game of Thrones actually, quite looking forward to it now.
Wed 11/11/09 at 15:03
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Emmie87 wrote:
> Near the end of book 3 - Assassins Quest. Loving it and the whole
> trilogy so far.
>
> Been a bit slack on reading lately due to games and other
> comitments, but i am trying to get a chapter a night in now,
> Liveship Traders next Garin??
>
> Is it as good as the Farseer trilogy, i really wana push straight
> to the Tawny Man trilogy because the characters i know and like
> are in it, but i think that i should read Liveship as you
> mentioned the Tawny Man includes the characters from it.

I personally dont like it as much. I found it a bit heavy going at times. I read it and enjoyed it, but its not something I've ever felt inclined to read again.
Wed 11/11/09 at 14:08
Regular
"THFC"
audio books would be a good idea if i commuted or something like that but i live 15 mins from work
Wed 11/11/09 at 13:57
Regular
"THFC"
There are still loads of books i need to get on and read but i just really do not get time. Guess i need to go on holiday so i can read some more lol
Wed 11/11/09 at 11:22
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Got two new books out this month on order but no time to read them.

Wheel of Time Book 12 and Song of Ice and Fire book 5 :D
Wed 11/11/09 at 08:47
Regular
"THFC"
Near the end of book 3 - Assassins Quest. Loving it and the whole trilogy so far.

Been a bit slack on reading lately due to games and other comitments, but i am trying to get a chapter a night in now, Liveship Traders next Garin??

Is it as good as the Farseer trilogy, i really wana push straight to the Tawny Man trilogy because the characters i know and like are in it, but i think that i should read Liveship as you mentioned the Tawny Man includes the characters from it.
Mon 12/10/09 at 17:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
Reading Tom Clancy:Hunt for Red October at the moment. He has a ridiculous amount of military knowledge, considering he's never had anything to do with the armed forces.
Mon 12/10/09 at 15:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I guess its like most books, theres too much to cover. Not sure what Farseers would be like if you had to skip the character development. Speaking of that though...

Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind has a TV series based upon it called Legend of The Seeker. And if you ever read any of Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea books theres a mini-series based upon several of them too. I cant think of any others off-hand.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.