GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Book Club"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/07/09 at 08:28
Regular
"THFC"
One thing i had noticed is that there is little discussion about books on here, we review film and games but i have rarely seen anyone do anything about books, which i used to be fine with. I had never really had any interest in books, but while i was on holiday i found myself getting a book and going through it very quickly.

So now i am trying to get more books i will enjoy and find out authors who i like. But not many people i know are big book fans, so i was thinking we should have this forum to discuss briefly any books you have read and think others might enjoy based on what they have said they enjoy.

For example; I like fictional books and probably push even further to fantasy (like RPG's lol) but am happy to try new things. I really liked the Lord of the Rings books and am looking for things like that. I was reading a book from Anne Mcaffrey, a series of books about a Fantasy world called Pern (some of you may know about it)

Anyway, i was thinking this could be a great way for users to share books they have enjoyed and help others out, so let start from here - any ideas of books ill like??
Sun 06/03/11 at 01:03
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt, in case you'd not noticed....

A DANCE WITH DRAGONS

Oh and Game of Thrones starts on HBO on April 17th. And apparently starts on Sky the next day.
Mon 30/11/09 at 16:29
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Apparently we're getting an RPG and an RTS. Cyanide Games are the developer. Their claim to fame seems to be cycling games.
I dont really understand it tbh. The setting for the books is pretty generic, it doesnt strike me as great source material for games.
Mon 30/11/09 at 16:09
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sounds promising.

Yeah he isn't the greatest, but it seems like it's because he cares about the story and doesn't want to release utter rubbish. But meh.

And games?
Mon 30/11/09 at 15:44
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Theres a lesson to be learned here. Never trust Amazon, always trust Garin. ;)

In other news, it seems we have 2 games to look forward to based upon A Song of Ice And Fire as well. The developer hardly has the greatest track record though. :/

---

Browsing my bookcase the other day I was reminded of another series that I'd recommend. Incarnations Of Immortality by Piers Anthony. They're quite different from standard fantasy, as they're about mortals that take on the roles of super natural beings like Death and Fate. Quite thought provoking in places.
Mon 30/11/09 at 14:21
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Checking the Wiki (and Amazon's notes) they had it on their as release date September 2009, which has now changed to 2010.

That's why I thought it was out.
Mon 30/11/09 at 14:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Going by what Amazon says, but like I said (and you chose to leave out of your quote :S) I haven't double checked as I'm not at the stage of ordering it.
Mon 30/11/09 at 14:09
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
> Book 5 is already out Garin. Came out November apparently.

For a book thats already out, its remarkably strange that no book seller in the world has stock of it.
Mon 30/11/09 at 12:44
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Book 5 is already out Garin. Came out November apparently. Although to be honest I haven't checked as I haven't read book 4 yet. Amazon have "lost" my order, with no idea that I even ordered it. Yet they didn't lose my money....odd how that happens :D
Mon 30/11/09 at 08:02
Regular
"THFC"
I have finished the Farseer trilogy! Really great books, and now i have the Liveship Trilogy to read. Hope they can live up to my first trilogy i have read.

Looking forward to the Tawny Man also.
Wed 11/11/09 at 22:30
Regular
"eat toast!"
I might do some book reviews. Thats assuming i can turn away from MW2 or l4d2.

coincidently the 2 books in question is from max brooks. The zombie survival guide and world war z.

Both brilliant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.