GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£77 my A****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/11/03 at 22:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
What a stupid idea, why the hell should i have to pay £77, get my finger printed and my retina scanned for a card that will make feck all difference. Stop terrorism? Do passports stop terrorism?

What a damn waste of money.

*Seethes*
Wed 12/11/03 at 11:18
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
How is being able to know where you are an invasion of your privacy?

Unless you're playing hide and seek with Tony Blair, and need to keep your location secret, I really can't see how this is the case.

Don't think of it as evil Big Brother style supervision, the potential positive impact on crime, to me, is far more important than people whinging that the government can 'see everything'. What next? CCTV cameras violating your human rights? The bank needs to know where you live! How preposterous! You should be able to keep such information private! And how dare those irrtating passport control people in foreign countries demand to know which country you are from!

Muuh.

What do you seriously believe the information will be used for? To eye you up, and watch you play with lego in your bedroom?
Wed 12/11/03 at 11:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Every news channel ive seen it on has said £77.

Having that information stored by the government is an invasion of my privacy.
Wed 12/11/03 at 08:59
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
£35 I heard.

And why should you pay it? Because as a security measure against fraud, it's an excellent step forward, and within 10 years, many shops/banks etc won't take your cards without acceptable, complimenting ID.

Plus I like the idea of a central record base of all our fingerprints and retina scans. It paves the way for some of the technology noted upon in Minority Report, whereby people can be tracked at any time in public. What does that mean? Call a hotline when your child goes missing, someone hits a button and types in their NI number, and your kid is located in seconds. Someone nabs your bag and runs off, call a number, someone replays the CCTV footage, tracks the perp to their last retina scan, IDs them, locates them and arrests them and returns your goods.

Some way off, sure, but it's a step in the right direction, and the only people with something to fear from such a system are those with something they wish to hide from Government anyway. As for the cost, at a reported £35 per person (except for nuder 16s and OAPS, the scum) it's less than a month's subscription to all the sky channels, and it seems you only have to pay it once, unless you lose it, or you have eye transplants.
Wed 12/11/03 at 08:19
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Explain. Is this required?
Tue 11/11/03 at 22:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
What a stupid idea, why the hell should i have to pay £77, get my finger printed and my retina scanned for a card that will make feck all difference. Stop terrorism? Do passports stop terrorism?

What a damn waste of money.

*Seethes*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.