GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£77 my A****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/11/03 at 22:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
What a stupid idea, why the hell should i have to pay £77, get my finger printed and my retina scanned for a card that will make feck all difference. Stop terrorism? Do passports stop terrorism?

What a damn waste of money.

*Seethes*
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
But Light's objections are funny though, I certainly have no qualms about privacy/surveillance aspects of them because that stuff is possible already.

Menwith Hill anybody ?

If you've EVER sent an email then it's a fair bet that at least one has gone though that place. Heh, I'd wager that a fair few pages of this forum have, must be keyword heavy.
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:28
Belldandy wrote:
> Well I hope Blunkett sees the feature in the new National
> Geographic....

Lol... irony in itself...lol, so funny.
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well I hope Blunkett sees the feature in the new National Geographic....as the face recognition software is defeated by simple disguises and aging effects in most cases in the test they did.

Though hopefully someone has studied that kind of thing before suggesting these cards.

In my opinion such cards will not hinder terrorists or major criminals, only those involved in minor offences (in comparision).
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yep, as someone already said, £35 gets you an ID card, £77 a combined ID and passport.

Anyone seen the prices for ID cards in the rest of Your Rope? Ours is laughable in comparison. I can't remember how much they are in each country, but one was £4, one was £12, and a few were free. £35? I think a French card and a bottle of tipp-ex is the best route.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:06
"High polygon count"
Bane wrote:
> How is being able to know where you are an invasion of your privacy?

Exactly.

They can already do that via your mobile phone anyway, and most of your personal information is already surrendered if you have a passport or credit card.

I personally would welcome an ID card system. However, if it is to be compulsory, I don't think it is fair to charge for them.

I've already paid a fortune in PAYE and NHI for a state pension I'm not going to get, and a health service that doesn't cover dental care and may or may not treat me for certain illnesses depending on my postcode.

And that's not including standard income tax, VAT, and Council Tax. And if I ever learn to drive, I'll have road tax to pay too.

As I see it, the government has a small mountain of my hard-earned which they aren't spending on me, or giving to my local council to improve the area I live in.

So they can pay for my damn ID card.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Bane wrote:

> What do you seriously believe the information will be used for? To
> eye you up, and watch you play with lego in your bedroom?

I agree that the positive sides to this scheme are very worthy. But the negatives can't be dismissed as easily as that. Will the government spy on you? No, they won't. But will they ensure that life is made difficult for people who oppose them? That I'm less sure of; look at Dubya's Junior Totalitarianism in America. It doesn't inspire confidence.

Personally, I haven't made up my mind whether it's a good or bad idea as I simply don't have enough background knowledge on this one.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:21
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
AliBoy wrote:
> £77 I think was for both a passport and an ID card.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bane wrote:
> £(except for nuder 16s....

I see...

Moving on.

I read it was £77 on Guardian Online.
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would do that, but i have to take the money out of the ISA before i apply for a new loan the following year, so that i can get a higher loan amount.
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Heh, if you genuinely don't need a loan, just stick the whole lot in an ISA or other high interest account. The loan interest rate is barely higher than inflation, so you can practically guarantee that you'll make some money. When the time comes to pay off the loans, take all the money out of the high yield account and pay it off in one lump sum, leaving you with the difference.

Also, apply for loads of credit cards with "6 months interest free", shove the balance limit into savings for 6 months then transfer back.

Banks are assholes, so be gay and screw them a little.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.