GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ginger's speech."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/11/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ok, For noobs, regulars, the golden oldies and just arrived

I just wanted to say a little something.

I look around the forums of late and ALOT of new users are coming on the forums. Which is good - new generations and new people can be a great benefit for the SR community. New ideas, humour and aspects are introduced and I enjoy it.

But, We seem to have a conflict. Between old and new. The New users come on and as silly as it may seem they do not know of the SR world. How to act and post the way we do. They come in and use their txt language, make two sentence posts relating to nothing in block capitals. Obviously this will ennoy the regular users and they all join in group force abusing and generally being nasty singling these noobs out - or in some cases to retalliate and destroy it for the rest of us. Spamming the joint and getting themselves banned.

I just think - if some users when newer members start. If we just explained what we like and don't like so they are stopped in their tracks and eazed into the way we work gently things would run alot smoother for us, staff and the newer users. If we just cain immediatly and the same old thing happens, they spam wildly they'll get banned. If we maybe let them know first they wont do so. If they have been warned politely but are immature nerds which get there thrills from destroying everyone elses fun...they will be banned im sure by sir smuggly.

Come on guys. Im sure it will make it better for all of us?

Just a thought

Love ginge :)
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:44
Regular
"SSX 3 = amazing"
You missed the space by the way.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:44
Regular
"SSX 3 = amazing"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Vote CrazyCol!
>
> Or SSX3?

Which one you think?
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hoho.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:42
Regular
Vote CrazyCol!

Or SSX3?
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Might do. Now you've mentioned it.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:32
Regular
"SSX 3 = amazing"
AfroJoe wrote:
> SSX 3 = great wrote:
> As I said before, if they ban me, I'll wait a little bit then create
> a new email and username.
>
> They can't ban you unless you've done something wrong, which it
> really doesn't look like you have.
>
> I'm not normally decent to newbies (due to aforementioned reasons),
> but seeing as you look like you can string a sentence together and
> write properly, then I suppose it's deserved.
>
> :-)

You do realise who I used to eb don't you?

If not, I think my name will be grey again tonight.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:31
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
@ng3l wrote:
> I think if newbies join and spam and do pathetic posts then we should
> just ignore them. Instead everyone just jumps in and starts giving
> them hassle. If we do that them they are just going to carry on doing
> it. Where if we dont like a certain post and we ignore it they will
> soon get bored.

as a newbie i would agree cause i am annoyed when nobody posts in my topics it is so annoying! and i think everyody hates me!

so listen to him it works!
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:29
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
that is my name my real name ok thats why its un-original

there is a famous goalkeeper (quite old) called BESSANT if you are about 30+ and like football you might know him.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
SSX 3 = great wrote:
> As I said before, if they ban me, I'll wait a little bit then create
> a new email and username.

They can't ban you unless you've done something wrong, which it really doesn't look like you have.

I'm not normally decent to newbies (due to aforementioned reasons), but seeing as you look like you can string a sentence together and write properly, then I suppose it's deserved.

:-)
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:28
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I think if newbies join and spam and do pathetic posts then we should just ignore them. Instead everyone just jumps in and starts giving them hassle. If we do that them they are just going to carry on doing it. Where if we dont like a certain post and we ignore it they will soon get bored.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.