GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ginger's speech."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/11/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ok, For noobs, regulars, the golden oldies and just arrived

I just wanted to say a little something.

I look around the forums of late and ALOT of new users are coming on the forums. Which is good - new generations and new people can be a great benefit for the SR community. New ideas, humour and aspects are introduced and I enjoy it.

But, We seem to have a conflict. Between old and new. The New users come on and as silly as it may seem they do not know of the SR world. How to act and post the way we do. They come in and use their txt language, make two sentence posts relating to nothing in block capitals. Obviously this will ennoy the regular users and they all join in group force abusing and generally being nasty singling these noobs out - or in some cases to retalliate and destroy it for the rest of us. Spamming the joint and getting themselves banned.

I just think - if some users when newer members start. If we just explained what we like and don't like so they are stopped in their tracks and eazed into the way we work gently things would run alot smoother for us, staff and the newer users. If we just cain immediatly and the same old thing happens, they spam wildly they'll get banned. If we maybe let them know first they wont do so. If they have been warned politely but are immature nerds which get there thrills from destroying everyone elses fun...they will be banned im sure by sir smuggly.

Come on guys. Im sure it will make it better for all of us?

Just a thought

Love ginge :)
Wed 05/11/03 at 16:02
Regular
this reminds me a bit of Independence Day...just not quite so cheesy.
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Light of the world"
wow..

How the hell was it that red indians somehow appeared in this topic? How very random!
Wed 05/11/03 at 10:06
"Mimmargh!"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Cubist wrote:
> Meh who cares, it was the exact same thing when the old immigrants
> of
> America hated the new. I say just let these things sort themselves
> out.
>
> Didn't that lead to the genocide of the Indians for 'living space'?
>
> CUBIST!!!!

And by that I mean the Red Indians, who were only called 'Red' in the 1960s, apparantly to merge them with the nasty Commies so they seemed EVIL.

Bet you didn't know that!
Wed 05/11/03 at 10:05
"Mimmargh!"
Cubist wrote:
> Meh who cares, it was the exact same thing when the old immigrants of
> America hated the new. I say just let these things sort themselves
> out.

Didn't that lead to the genocide of the Indians for 'living space'?

CUBIST!!!!
Wed 05/11/03 at 08:24
Regular
"Light of the world"
I have read most of the posts and see hwat people mean.

Microchips for instance made sense... But in a case in which a new user comes on chip and talks in the language of the 'outside world' and possible other forums they have been on (Talking txt bla bla here)

That they are not familiar with this forum and may appear donuts but sometimes they are only saying hi i'm 'insert name here' But because they don't approach us in the way we talk to each other they get cained and called stupid and ignorant etc etc.

I just think in cases as such, we should inform them of ho it works here. How text language isnt used here. Then they 'should' be polite and conform. If not then we ban em?
Wed 05/11/03 at 00:07
Regular
"The Monkey God"
im an old user in a new users body.

*left arm attempts to stop right one from typing and beat it against wall*
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
You see, what you don't realise is: some of these people do have the inability to reply using their mind.

They're (Learn kids- not there or their) too ignorant for their (Not there of they're) own mind. YOu can only help so much. If they don't want help, then they can sod off for all I care. I don't see why this forum should be cluttered up with topics, of which I will not name, which have no real use or point.

If you were to think before posting, engage your brain and realise what you are typing, we might get somewhere.

I can only stress it enough that the only way for everyone to get on properly, is to ignore the ignorant (Yes, hypocritical I know).

Done.
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:52
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Meh who cares, it was the exact same thing when the old immigrants of America hated the new. I say just let these things sort themselves out.
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Nuhnuhno.
There's a difference.

Newbie's are fine.
Utter retards who can't be bothered to move their fingers that extra few centimetres to type properly are "ennoy"ing, as you put it.

You see, a couple of things can happen with a 'n00b'.

They toddle along, and start gabbling "oh luk i iz kewl rarrarar !!!!!1111 roflflgo omgoam!!!!!11" etc.
You say to them, "Ay, chipichita, we no like text talk 'ere, okay compadré?"
And they say "fukuk u i kan do wot i lirk 4 a larf!!!!111"
You ask them nicely, and they give you abuse.

OR

You do all of the above until "fukuk u" (yes, I just wanted to repeat that), and they stop, and actually try to type properly, and actually try not to screw the rules.

There's a difference.
Mon 03/11/03 at 22:26
Regular
"Light of the world"
*ahem*

I'm back - like arnie

Djerrd... the beavers were good :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.