GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Scariest..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
Channel 4 last night and carrying on tonight in a run-down of the 100 scariest moments of tv/movies. I missed it last night but will be watching tonight no doubt.

So what do you think will be the top few scary moments voted for by the public?

I would think that the final scene from 'Blair Witch Project' where the guy is standing in the corner of the basement and both of the people get killed would be in the top couple, if not number one.

The Psycho shower scene is bound to be in the top few I think

The excorcist scene where she turns her head around will be there, despite it not been scary now, it was scary at the time (70/80's or whenever it was made)

Personally I think the scariest movie moment is from "The Ring" where the girl crawls out from the TV or where it flashes a glimpse of her dead in the closet.

I do not find serial killer 'horrors' scary, I much prefer a good old supernatural scare.

So what are your top few scariest moments in movies or tv?
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
I have to see the original Ring as I liked the remake a lot. Finally someone agrees with me about Blair Witch.
Mon 27/10/03 at 12:55
Regular
Listen guys.

Channel 4, 12:20am thursday.

Ring.

Original Japanese version of the movie. Non of this fancy pancy hollywood sh*te, its the original and I suggest you view it or record it.

I say the scariest moment in my books is in the "Blair Witch Project" where they are going through that house with the blooded handprints all over the walls. I was cacking myself!

The Shining comes in a close second though.
Mon 27/10/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
Talkie Toaster wrote:
> scariest moment ever?
>
> has to be when billy coleney striped on comic relief *cold chill runs
> down spine*

Lol yeah.
Mon 27/10/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
El Blokey wrote:
Of course later in the film Pesci does snap with
> the waiter.

That is hilarious but incredibly mean. It is a moment of great suspense when you aren't sure if he is going to snap or start laughing.
Mon 27/10/03 at 12:11
Regular
"always swirling"
scariest moment ever?

has to be when billy coleney striped on comic relief *cold chill runs down spine*
Mon 27/10/03 at 12:04
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Darwock:
> What was the Goodfellas scene? (scariest bit of that movie is when
> Jimmy is trying to get Karen to go into pick out a dress - I was
> convinced she was gonna get whacked)

Joe Pesci's "funny? Funny how?" which deserved a place. To the moron saying "oh, Jaws isn't a horror film. Alien isn't a horror film. Goodfellas bit was rubbish wtf omg bbq" - it was the 100 scariest moments. Is Windowlicker a FILM? Is the JUDDERMAN ADVERT a film?! No. It wasn't a horror film list, and if you aren't scared by the bit in Jaws where the music builds to a crescendo and you see the head, or in Alien where he bursts, then you're a liar.

And as explained on the show, Goodfellas was scary because you weren't sure how it would turn out, as the characters were all slightly unhinged. Of course later in the film Pesci does snap with the waiter.
Mon 27/10/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
Blair witch is sort of a 1st person horror.
Mon 27/10/03 at 11:05
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
Would be good seeing him get the back of his head blown out in silhouette form.
Mon 27/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
i think that if they made a horror film that was first person, it'd be a new type of thing that wouldn't really have been tried before.

anyway.

i have a good fright scene, where it's in a sci-fi, right, and this bloke is approaching a small alien object that appears mechanical, and in it's retracted state. then the bloke slowly looks at what he thinks is a lens of some sort, when in fact it's the end of a gun barrel. as he explores the object, he fiddles with a few button-like things hoping to get an effect. this is all in the dark, so the lighting is positioned so that you see the reflections off the top of the gun barrel, and the man's face. then as the usual suspense sound rolls on, a few painfully slow clicks and switches that he flicks eventually forces him to 'look' through the end of the barrel and squint, as if he expects to see something. then, after the suspense sound rolls off, a pause occurs, and then there the gun 'activates' without warning and puts thousand of holes into him in a barrage of loud, disturbingly whiney automatic gunfire.

effect? audience twitches, maybe jumps.
Mon 27/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
gerrod!!! wrote:
> "come and play with us Tommy"
>
> His name is Danny.

yep, thats true.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.