GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Scariest..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
Channel 4 last night and carrying on tonight in a run-down of the 100 scariest moments of tv/movies. I missed it last night but will be watching tonight no doubt.

So what do you think will be the top few scary moments voted for by the public?

I would think that the final scene from 'Blair Witch Project' where the guy is standing in the corner of the basement and both of the people get killed would be in the top couple, if not number one.

The Psycho shower scene is bound to be in the top few I think

The excorcist scene where she turns her head around will be there, despite it not been scary now, it was scary at the time (70/80's or whenever it was made)

Personally I think the scariest movie moment is from "The Ring" where the girl crawls out from the TV or where it flashes a glimpse of her dead in the closet.

I do not find serial killer 'horrors' scary, I much prefer a good old supernatural scare.

So what are your top few scariest moments in movies or tv?
Sun 26/10/03 at 23:35
Regular
Cubist wrote:

> 10)Sphere

one of my favourite films, but not what I would call scary
Sun 26/10/03 at 23:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Ring wasn't scary at all. That bit with the horse is especially rubbish.

Oh, and that scene from Don't Look Now, with Donald Sutherland, is possibly the scariest thing ever.
Sun 26/10/03 at 23:06
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I agree with most of them so far. The Child Catcher is the man! I've never seen the film but from the clip he was sooooo cool lol just the way it looked was great. As for Buffy well she justs kicks ass all over the world! My top 10 scary MOVIES though (not TV or adverts and poo) are :

1)The Blair Witch Project
2)The Ring
3)A Nightmare On Elm Street
4)28 Days Later
5)IT
6)The Haunting
7)Alien
8)Jaws
9)Cabin Fever
10)Sphere

I would like to point out though that A) I am only 15 so I haven't seen many 18 rated horror films B) Most of the really good ones were made before I was born and C) That my list are just my 10 favourites. They are not in any order they are just my ten favourites.
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:37
Regular
"cachoo"
Haven't seen this, but Salem's Lot looked quite scary. Isn't that another one of S.King's books?
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:31
Regular
i love being scared although I rarely have this pleasure anymore.

I read a lot of stephen king and dean koontz novels, which are really quite disturbing - I think IT is the worst one yet, or perhaps Jeff Longs The Descent.

Films can rarely scare me though, because your imagination is always better at frightening you than images, and most modern horror films are more likely to make me laugh.

I'd like to spend a night in a haunted house. the most haunted in britain - chingle hall would be good, but I don't think they take visitors anymore.

went off on a bit of a tangent there
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its odd, some things are scary for people without even being a horror.

Often eyes are the thing. I am terrified of Cruella De Villes eyes in 101 Dalmations. But then again I last watched it at age 7. Others find the totaly unscary Judder man scary, evidently.

I hate horror, simply because I hate being scared.
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:11
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
> The Wizard of Oz is scaryish, don't you think Scarecrow is? And those
> little orange men and the horses which change colours? The film is so
> damn creative it's scary!

return to oz was more worrying, with those freaky gimps with wheels on their hand and feet, and the evil king.

they've got some good ones on now though - the thing, hellraiser etc.
Sun 26/10/03 at 21:56
Regular
"cachoo"
The Wizard of Oz is scaryish, don't you think Scarecrow is? And those little orange men and the horses which change colours? The film is so damn creative it's scary!
Sun 26/10/03 at 21:54
Regular
yes it was the judder man. I agree with Alastair, some of these are very poor - the wizard of oz, scary? I didn't find that scary when I was a kid.
Sun 26/10/03 at 21:46
Regular
"cachoo"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> is this programme some kind of joke? an advert for metz is one of the
> 100 most scary moments?
>
> pathetic

that was scary!! it scared the Hell out of me everytime it would come on. The one with the "ice" man? Or is that something different?
I think it was banned because children were scared of it too.

What's number 1? Anyone know? I wanna ruin the programme for the others in the house watching it..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.