GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Scariest..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
Channel 4 last night and carrying on tonight in a run-down of the 100 scariest moments of tv/movies. I missed it last night but will be watching tonight no doubt.

So what do you think will be the top few scary moments voted for by the public?

I would think that the final scene from 'Blair Witch Project' where the guy is standing in the corner of the basement and both of the people get killed would be in the top couple, if not number one.

The Psycho shower scene is bound to be in the top few I think

The excorcist scene where she turns her head around will be there, despite it not been scary now, it was scary at the time (70/80's or whenever it was made)

Personally I think the scariest movie moment is from "The Ring" where the girl crawls out from the TV or where it flashes a glimpse of her dead in the closet.

I do not find serial killer 'horrors' scary, I much prefer a good old supernatural scare.

So what are your top few scariest moments in movies or tv?
Mon 27/10/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
RoJ wrote:
> When you watched it did you know it was fake or think it was real?
> Was it convincing?

I saw the clip of it last night. I didn't know at the time of watching it that it was fake. They never said when it was shown first. It was in the papers the day after I think that it was a set-up.
Mon 27/10/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Mattyboy wrote:
> Lindgren wrote:
> Did anyone else remember that "Ghostwatch" programme. That
> was a blast from the past. I remember watching it in '92 and it
> scared the crap out of me at the time. Brilliant programme. Best
> Halloween programme thats ever been on TV in my opinion.
>
>
> I remember that. Would have been about 12 at the time - Scared the
> crap out of me too! Been thinking of picking it up on DVD

I was 10 at the time. I didn't know it was out on DVD. I'd definitely get it. It was really good. Couldn't remember what it was called 'til last night. The name completely evaded me.
Mon 27/10/03 at 17:03
Regular
"Not a Jew"
When you watched it did you know it was fake or think it was real? Was it convincing?
Mon 27/10/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Whatever!"
Lindgren wrote:
> Did anyone else remember that "Ghostwatch" programme. That
> was a blast from the past. I remember watching it in '92 and it
> scared the crap out of me at the time. Brilliant programme. Best
> Halloween programme thats ever been on TV in my opinion.

I remember that. Would have been about 12 at the time - Scared the crap out of me too! Been thinking of picking it up on DVD
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeh, did you see the clip of it last night?
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Did anyone else remember that "Ghostwatch" programme. That was a blast from the past. I remember watching it in '92 and it scared the crap out of me at the time. Brilliant programme. Best Halloween programme thats ever been on TV in my opinion.
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Same here.
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:24
Regular
Yeah - The only scene's I found good - were the ending 'house' sequence.
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I say the scariest moment in my books is in the "Blair Witch
> Project" where they are going through that house with the
> blooded handprints all over the walls. I was cacking myself!

There was only one bit in the blair witch project that i found chilling. The bit at the end where you see the guy facing the corner of the room.
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:18
Regular
The original Ring isn't scary. Its slow moving, the plot jumps around and I would much rather pop in Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Halloween in the DVD player and at least get some enjoyment. The new version was possibly the best Hollywood transfre from an old film that I have seen. Still didn't enjoy it but it kept the roots of the film and didn't ellaborate too much on the original story.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.