GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reloaded & Revolutions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/10/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, I've had the DVD a week now and have watched it a couple of times.
And I thoroughly enjoy it. I don't care what anyone says about plot/CGI etc, because I enjoy it and that's all that matters to me.
Thoroughly looking forward to Revolutions as well, I'm avoiding all spoilers and scripts floating around because I want to be fresh, I knew a lot of the Reloaded stuff before I went in and that kinda ruined it for me.

Having watched Reloaded again now, some things I picked up on, thinking back to that website Snuggly unearthed about the company Neo works for in the 1st movie, and the info provided therein about Metacortex creating the "next generation virtual reality gaming".
I thought more and more about that, and the notion that Neo (being a programme writer in the 1st film) is either beta testing the new gaming system, or trying to leak the source code to Morpheus & Trinity (genuine hackers and not residents of Zion).
It makes more and more sense to me.

In the 1st movie, Thomas Anderson works for a company that writes computer software, and we know that he also is a hacker. We know Trinity is a hacker and that Morpheus is the leader of them all.
Anderson is approached by Trinity, first of all by hacking his computer screen when he sleeps
"How did you do that?" he asks etc.
Could it be that Anderson agrees to supply Morpheus et al with the leaked source code for the latest game called, perhaps, "The Matrix"?
There is constant talk in Reloaded about "The Source" and returning to "The Source", it could just be something as simple as source code for the matrix game Anderson is trying to leak to Morpheus.
Anderson could have the games system at home, allowing him to "jack in" and use that system to supply source info to Morpheus?
Metacortex could use their systems to jack in, creating Agents as representatives of company interests?

The Merovingian in Reloaded, when Persephone takes Neo to The Keymaker, is furious and swears at her, she taunts him about the blonde in the loo
"She wasn't kissing your face my dear" she says
"Merde...this is just a game. Just a game" he hisses.

I'm probably waaay off the mark and bored at work but hey, it killed 20 mins thinking about it all.
The Matrix isn't just a dream etc, but Anderson working for Morpheus in trying to supply leaked source code to hackers, with Metacortex & computer agencies trying to stop, all taking place in the virtual gaming world that the website talks about?
Backdoors used by programmers, gaining powers as Anderson/Neo "levels up" throughout the movie, the constant computer coding.

*shrugs*
I enjoy Reloaded, however it turns out.
Thu 16/10/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I personally think that Neo will somehow end the war, and the 'prophecy' will be true.

I think that it will end with the machines calling back their armies and a 'peace of sorts being made.

Why you may ask -

Well, looking at the trailers it seems that Smith has taken control of the Matrix, and the machines seem to ask Neo to stop it, before the system fails and the 'crop' is lost.

This is backed up by the Councillers 'The machines are plugged into us and we to them' speach in reloaded.

Anyone else got other theories?
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:35
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I really don't think there's gonna be some ending based on it's all something else all along. I just think it's gonna have an ending, and the idea of a matrix does exist the whole time. This is a huge blockbuster trilogy, I don't think it will more complex then it already is. However, I do think that the Wachowskis are trying to represent something with the film. That sounds lame, I just can't get the wording right.
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:04
Regular
I'll be booking my ticket for Fri 7th Nov when it's released.

I really did enjoy reloaded, but not as much as the first one, despite the quite frankly astounding CGI use. Revolutions, I hope, will embody the great things of both these films, with a stick of dynamite up their @sses.
Wed 15/10/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Anyone seen the theatrical trailer on the official site...

Looks damn impressive - Neo talking to the machines and having some of his powers outside of the matrix...

Hmmm. interesting.
Wed 15/10/03 at 11:51
Regular
Plus is anyone's interested, a brand new batch of Revolutions stills have gone online, some old some new:

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi? (space)direct=Science_Fiction/The_Matrix_Revolutions

(credit: Coming-soon.net)
Wed 15/10/03 at 11:45
Regular
They got quite a bit of criticism after Reloaded, and I think if the ending is something along the lines of 'it was all a game', or 'it was all a dream', then they're going to get quite a bit more...
Wed 15/10/03 at 11:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The Matrix : Reinstalled and debugged.

I quite like the computer game theory, its a testament to the wachowskis that so many theories can be considered.
Wed 15/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Goatboy wrote:
> Also, it affected my ability to put words in sentence order correct.

Better stick a cork in each ear before your brain leaks out!

Seriously, though - I've tried thinking about these films and have come to the conclusion that I'm not intelligent enough to begin to speculate on the meanings and outcomes so I'm just looking forward to Revolutions and hoping I enjoy it as much as I did Reloaded.

Do you think they'll do a fourth and call it 'Rebooted' ... ?

: ^ D
Wed 15/10/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Insane ßartender wrote:
> Pandey, I've read all kinds of crap on the Matrix. From religious
> meaning, to "Agent Smith is the only human in the film"
> theories. The dream, the game, "the joke is on you" I've
> seen it all. It's quite funny I think that some people have dedicated
> so much time trying to divine meaning from something that I'm
> sincerely hoping will eventually be far more simple, for comedy's
> sake.
>
> A more interesting readis this:
> http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0234215/board/nest/2841147
>
> I just have no idea what's going on in that discussion.

Oh I know. But you cannot deny that’s its got people talking and thinking about the movies. It’s quite an achievement for what was designed to be a fairly low budget summer blockbusting SF movie. Personally, I’m just along for the martial arts, cool FX and exoarmour battles (Revolutions) until I’ve seen all three. As I say, I think the Wachowskis will turn everyone’s theories on their heads. At least I hope so.

The only thing that will pess me off, if at the end, it all turns into “It was only a dream” (which is looking likely), then I’ll start slashing the cinema seats ;)

Cop out endings are not permitted in my book. Bwahahahahhaha
Wed 15/10/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Insane ßartender wrote:
> A more interesting readis this:
> http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0234215/board/nest/2841147
>
> I just have no idea what's going on in that discussion.
--

That is quite possibly the best talkback I've ever read about Matrix.

"I agree that Neil isn't necessarily the One, but I don't think it's Timothy. As to what the role of Mobius is in this exactly, I'm not sure.
The Mexican likes to talk French, but I believe he and his wife Penelope were like Neil and Timothy once from an earlier version of the matrix.
But who is the One? I think Neil's fight with Ageing Smurf at the end of the first movie when Ageing Smurf was destroyed by Neil will have a significant part to play in Matrix Retributions, the final part of the trilogy"

"Some people put Neil's powers at the end of Matrix Unleaded down to MIAMI (Matrix in a Matrix idea). But according to the game Connan the Matrix, Orca the Whale tells Adobe that Neil has torched the Sauce - which sounds much more believable.
Another area of confusion has arisen from the Matrix Retributions trailer. When it shows the Squeegees attacking Zion, there is someone in a mech suit fighting them off. Opinion seems to be split on whether this is Commander Locket or Milittlepony."

"Timothy is in love with Neil. The Orca told Timothy that she would fall in love with the one. The Orca also told Mobious that he would find the one. Agent Spliff, now know as only as Spliff was defeated by Neil. Only the one can kill agents. I would like to know why they (the bros) killed off Spank and Poser, especially Spank, he was a good operator."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.