GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reloaded & Revolutions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/10/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, I've had the DVD a week now and have watched it a couple of times.
And I thoroughly enjoy it. I don't care what anyone says about plot/CGI etc, because I enjoy it and that's all that matters to me.
Thoroughly looking forward to Revolutions as well, I'm avoiding all spoilers and scripts floating around because I want to be fresh, I knew a lot of the Reloaded stuff before I went in and that kinda ruined it for me.

Having watched Reloaded again now, some things I picked up on, thinking back to that website Snuggly unearthed about the company Neo works for in the 1st movie, and the info provided therein about Metacortex creating the "next generation virtual reality gaming".
I thought more and more about that, and the notion that Neo (being a programme writer in the 1st film) is either beta testing the new gaming system, or trying to leak the source code to Morpheus & Trinity (genuine hackers and not residents of Zion).
It makes more and more sense to me.

In the 1st movie, Thomas Anderson works for a company that writes computer software, and we know that he also is a hacker. We know Trinity is a hacker and that Morpheus is the leader of them all.
Anderson is approached by Trinity, first of all by hacking his computer screen when he sleeps
"How did you do that?" he asks etc.
Could it be that Anderson agrees to supply Morpheus et al with the leaked source code for the latest game called, perhaps, "The Matrix"?
There is constant talk in Reloaded about "The Source" and returning to "The Source", it could just be something as simple as source code for the matrix game Anderson is trying to leak to Morpheus.
Anderson could have the games system at home, allowing him to "jack in" and use that system to supply source info to Morpheus?
Metacortex could use their systems to jack in, creating Agents as representatives of company interests?

The Merovingian in Reloaded, when Persephone takes Neo to The Keymaker, is furious and swears at her, she taunts him about the blonde in the loo
"She wasn't kissing your face my dear" she says
"Merde...this is just a game. Just a game" he hisses.

I'm probably waaay off the mark and bored at work but hey, it killed 20 mins thinking about it all.
The Matrix isn't just a dream etc, but Anderson working for Morpheus in trying to supply leaked source code to hackers, with Metacortex & computer agencies trying to stop, all taking place in the virtual gaming world that the website talks about?
Backdoors used by programmers, gaining powers as Anderson/Neo "levels up" throughout the movie, the constant computer coding.

*shrugs*
I enjoy Reloaded, however it turns out.
Tue 21/10/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Apparently it says 0.001% of people reject the Matrix (or around that
> figure - maybe just 0.01%). If you think about it - in a population
> of 6 billion, this is a hell of a lot of people.
> Maybe enough to fill up a city?
> So those who are rejected wake up in the bowls and find themselves
> heading to Zion, still actually in the Matrix.

If so then why do Morpheus and Co need to help people escape (as they did Neo) in the first film ? Maybe to convince people they had escaped the Matrix, but if that is so why do the Agents try to stop Morpheus, because if you follow your theory - that the escape of so many people to Zion is programmed into the Matrix to eventually enable the easy destruction of those people in one go - then the Agents would not be interested in stopping Morpheus - after all they'd know that all those in Zion would eventually be destroyed.

I think Zion is outside the Matrix, the Second Renaissance (on the Animatrix Compilation) shows the retreat of mankind to below ground, shows the blackening of the sky, shows the origins of those pod things that people are kept in. The tank Neo is flushed out to in The Matrix is probably supposed to aid the decomposition of people when they have no use - remember the machines are not worried about time.

The population in the Matrix World is probably way lower than 6 billion, though we have no time frame for when Zion exists and how much time has passed since the man/machine war, we do know the machines will only use what they need to.

Whilst the Architect does tell Neo stuff which contradicts some of this, remember that the Architect is part of the Matrix, nothing says he is telling the truth about anything.

Ah well, hoever you look at it it's still a set of films far more interesting than the vast majority of crap.
Tue 21/10/03 at 14:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Goatboy wrote:
> Bunch of thieving philosophs they were.

It's alright for you, you get to sniff knickers for a job. I'm typing out an essay about them.
Tue 21/10/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
What if it fades out to a smokey room where Neo, Smith, Morpheus and Trinity are sat round doing a bit of role playing with dice et al ...

And Cypher is sat in front of the telly, sulking for being killed off so early!
Tue 21/10/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And he stole that from Pliny.
Bunch of thieving philosophs they were.
Tue 21/10/03 at 13:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm only pulling your plonker. I enjoyed the original Matrix, thought the second half of Reloaded was fantastic, and will be seeing Ramifications soon after release.

But it *does* steal the plot of Plato's cave...
Tue 21/10/03 at 13:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes yes yes, we get it, you don't like anything that everyone else does.
The Professional Cynic schtick.

I think The Matrix is fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed Reloaded and I'm looking foward to Revolutions.
That is all.
Tue 21/10/03 at 12:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
My theory is it'll phase into a conversation in which Thomas Anderson is trying to convince a group of people that philosophers should be rulers, but never will be.

Well, they stole everything else from Plato...
Tue 21/10/03 at 12:47
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Goatboy wrote:
> New TV spots available at the main website in lovely quicktime.

*watches TV spots*

Oh, excuse me: I've just come.
Tue 21/10/03 at 09:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Strafex wrote:
> Alright Goaty, fit the Animatrix into your theory! :-P
----

Demos for the upcoming Matrix reality-game available soon from Metacortex.
Tue 21/10/03 at 09:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
New TV spots available at the main website in lovely quicktime.
And 2 reviews at aint-it-cool.com, if they are to be believed then roll on Nov 5th.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.