GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reloaded & Revolutions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/10/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, I've had the DVD a week now and have watched it a couple of times.
And I thoroughly enjoy it. I don't care what anyone says about plot/CGI etc, because I enjoy it and that's all that matters to me.
Thoroughly looking forward to Revolutions as well, I'm avoiding all spoilers and scripts floating around because I want to be fresh, I knew a lot of the Reloaded stuff before I went in and that kinda ruined it for me.

Having watched Reloaded again now, some things I picked up on, thinking back to that website Snuggly unearthed about the company Neo works for in the 1st movie, and the info provided therein about Metacortex creating the "next generation virtual reality gaming".
I thought more and more about that, and the notion that Neo (being a programme writer in the 1st film) is either beta testing the new gaming system, or trying to leak the source code to Morpheus & Trinity (genuine hackers and not residents of Zion).
It makes more and more sense to me.

In the 1st movie, Thomas Anderson works for a company that writes computer software, and we know that he also is a hacker. We know Trinity is a hacker and that Morpheus is the leader of them all.
Anderson is approached by Trinity, first of all by hacking his computer screen when he sleeps
"How did you do that?" he asks etc.
Could it be that Anderson agrees to supply Morpheus et al with the leaked source code for the latest game called, perhaps, "The Matrix"?
There is constant talk in Reloaded about "The Source" and returning to "The Source", it could just be something as simple as source code for the matrix game Anderson is trying to leak to Morpheus.
Anderson could have the games system at home, allowing him to "jack in" and use that system to supply source info to Morpheus?
Metacortex could use their systems to jack in, creating Agents as representatives of company interests?

The Merovingian in Reloaded, when Persephone takes Neo to The Keymaker, is furious and swears at her, she taunts him about the blonde in the loo
"She wasn't kissing your face my dear" she says
"Merde...this is just a game. Just a game" he hisses.

I'm probably waaay off the mark and bored at work but hey, it killed 20 mins thinking about it all.
The Matrix isn't just a dream etc, but Anderson working for Morpheus in trying to supply leaked source code to hackers, with Metacortex & computer agencies trying to stop, all taking place in the virtual gaming world that the website talks about?
Backdoors used by programmers, gaining powers as Anderson/Neo "levels up" throughout the movie, the constant computer coding.

*shrugs*
I enjoy Reloaded, however it turns out.
Fri 17/10/03 at 18:53
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Mister M.Dragon, I believe this link should answer any questions you
> may have :
>
> http://photobloke.com/blog/archives/000070.html
>
> a 'geek' told me about it ;D

I just read that, and whilst some points were pretty good, others were just plain rubbish.

"Incidently, NEO is an anagram of ONE"

By Jove, I Think he's cracked it!
Fri 17/10/03 at 16:27
OK, that sounds the most convincing theory so far, which is why I regret reading the damn thing.

If this shows up in Revolutions, I'll have made the same mistake as I did with MGS2.
Fri 17/10/03 at 16:23
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Here's a theory I found on the internet and have changed slightly to my own opinion...

The Matrix, and Zion, is in fact an artificial world (ironically enough, in a computer program) where all the characters except Neo are AI codes. Neo is AI, only he is the One true piece of AI that us humans (outside of 'The Matrix') have designed to eventually become self-aware. The world of the Matrix is a carefully constructed environment designed to nurture Neo into becoming self-aware. Every time the One fails, the Matrix is destroyed, rebuilt in a slightly different way and the process begins again. Eventually, I'm guessing at the end of Revolutions, Neo will become self-aware (I just wish I knew what I had to do) and us humans will be happy as we've created the first self-aware AI.

Now watch in the real world as Machines rise up against us and the Matrix begins for real...

That is my theory, what you do think?
Fri 17/10/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Reloaded's not "brilliant", but it's certainly enjoyable, if you liked the first film.

Just like many films though, it struggles near the start, and then gets REALLY exciting towards the very-end of the film.

The part where "Neo" realises "something's different..." and that he can "feel them" (with the big "thud" aswell) is the one-part in that film that'll really have me rushing-out to see the final-chapter in the cinemas, next month. It really gets your mind going as to what could be around the corner, and whether Morpheus was wrong to suddenly "give up" on the Prophecy mintues-earlier; or if it's all just a dream...

But with the pain-in-the-backside "To be concluded..." just when it was getting good, you do not know.

But I don't know, and I don't want to know! :P
Fri 17/10/03 at 04:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm looking forward to the MTV Movie Awards spoof of Revolutions more than I am the plot revelations of Revolutions.
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:29
Regular
Mister M.Dragon, I believe this link should answer any questions you may have :

http://photobloke.com/blog/archives/000070.html

a 'geek' told me about it ;D
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:22
Regular
"not dead"
Well it's an interesting theory.

I didn't like the original, but quite enjoyed Reloaded. Possibly because they're popcorn movies, and I saw Reloaded in a decent cinema, but the original on a worn out VCR.

I'll probably wait until Revolutions is out to rent though, my free time is disappearing rapidly at the moment.

Just one thing though, Neo isn't out of the MAtrix, is he? Didn't the second one show that what we thought of as the world outside was just a different Matrix, and that's why Neo had power in there...

Don't answer that, it's been a while since I saw it.
Thu 16/10/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And Smith works for Metacortex, trying to stop Neo from leaking "The Source" to Morpheus et al.

Ah!.....
Thu 16/10/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Good point - I was assuming that Neo was the good guy, maybe not......
Thu 16/10/03 at 09:58
"Darkness, always"
Heh, in the trailer, it says something like "He must be stopped". The trailer doesn't make it clear who "He" is. It could just as easily be Neo, with Smitty the saviour of the universe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.