GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reloaded & Revolutions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/10/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, I've had the DVD a week now and have watched it a couple of times.
And I thoroughly enjoy it. I don't care what anyone says about plot/CGI etc, because I enjoy it and that's all that matters to me.
Thoroughly looking forward to Revolutions as well, I'm avoiding all spoilers and scripts floating around because I want to be fresh, I knew a lot of the Reloaded stuff before I went in and that kinda ruined it for me.

Having watched Reloaded again now, some things I picked up on, thinking back to that website Snuggly unearthed about the company Neo works for in the 1st movie, and the info provided therein about Metacortex creating the "next generation virtual reality gaming".
I thought more and more about that, and the notion that Neo (being a programme writer in the 1st film) is either beta testing the new gaming system, or trying to leak the source code to Morpheus & Trinity (genuine hackers and not residents of Zion).
It makes more and more sense to me.

In the 1st movie, Thomas Anderson works for a company that writes computer software, and we know that he also is a hacker. We know Trinity is a hacker and that Morpheus is the leader of them all.
Anderson is approached by Trinity, first of all by hacking his computer screen when he sleeps
"How did you do that?" he asks etc.
Could it be that Anderson agrees to supply Morpheus et al with the leaked source code for the latest game called, perhaps, "The Matrix"?
There is constant talk in Reloaded about "The Source" and returning to "The Source", it could just be something as simple as source code for the matrix game Anderson is trying to leak to Morpheus.
Anderson could have the games system at home, allowing him to "jack in" and use that system to supply source info to Morpheus?
Metacortex could use their systems to jack in, creating Agents as representatives of company interests?

The Merovingian in Reloaded, when Persephone takes Neo to The Keymaker, is furious and swears at her, she taunts him about the blonde in the loo
"She wasn't kissing your face my dear" she says
"Merde...this is just a game. Just a game" he hisses.

I'm probably waaay off the mark and bored at work but hey, it killed 20 mins thinking about it all.
The Matrix isn't just a dream etc, but Anderson working for Morpheus in trying to supply leaked source code to hackers, with Metacortex & computer agencies trying to stop, all taking place in the virtual gaming world that the website talks about?
Backdoors used by programmers, gaining powers as Anderson/Neo "levels up" throughout the movie, the constant computer coding.

*shrugs*
I enjoy Reloaded, however it turns out.
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:00
"The Will of D."
Totoro wrote:
> My theory is that they're all just actors starring in a big Hollywood
> blockbuster called The Matrix.

yeah this is someones idea for a holodeck program on Star trek, and the creator is Tom Paris from ST: Voyager.
Thu 23/10/03 at 12:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Blank wrote:
> It's alright for you, you get to sniff knickers for a job. I'm typing
> out an essay about them.

Fashion college?
Thu 23/10/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
My theory is that they're all just actors starring in a big Hollywood blockbuster called The Matrix.
Thu 23/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Blank wrote:
> My theory is it'll phase into a conversation in which Thomas Anderson
> is trying to convince a group of people that philosophers should be
> rulers, but never will be.
>
> Well, they stole everything else from Plato...

Plato? Descartes mainly.
Thu 23/10/03 at 07:54
"The Will of D."
Mess wrote:
> Another question - why does someone's 'projected image' of themselves
> look so much like what are are like in real life? They've never seen
> themselves! It would be a far more entertaining film if say, Trinity
> woke up to find she was not actually and tall attractive white person
> but something more akin to one of the Lilt ladies.

Lol, well I guess it's what their subconcious feelings about themselves and their appearance are what the Matrix uses to alter the appearance from birth, so all those ugly people and fat people have no idea on how to change their appearance in their appearance in the matrix coz of their subconcious view that they think are fat or ugly. If you think your fat, then that's what you are in the matrix.
Wed 22/10/03 at 18:10
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Strafex wrote:
> hmmm...
>
> Ok, when "conception" occurs within the matrix, the
> machinery holding the people extracts the necessary cells and fuse
> them together in a new pod and grow it from there...
>
>
> I'd guess...

But then why make the effort to produce a child that is the correct biological offspring of the parents when they would never be able to know anyway? Surely because they will never see themselves, the machines could just start creating clones of people and then in the Matrix make them appear as all these different people.

Another question - why does someone's 'projected image' of themselves look so much like what are are like in real life? They've never seen themselves! It would be a far more entertaining film if say, Trinity woke up to find she was not actually and tall attractive white person but something more akin to one of the Lilt ladies.
Wed 22/10/03 at 15:52
"The Will of D."
I can't bloody watch the DVD on my computer due to some f**king copyright program in the disc that will only work in a dvd player for a tv, but i'm not getting a dvd plauer until christmas anf revolutions is ut in 2 weeks, i wanted to watch the 2nd one again b4 then, doh!
Wed 22/10/03 at 13:30
Regular
hmmm...

Ok, when "conception" occurs within the matrix, the machinery holding the people extracts the necessary cells and fuse them together in a new pod and grow it from there...

I'd guess...
Wed 22/10/03 at 13:24
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Here's a tickler for you...

How does reproduction work in the Matrix? I mean, obviously people inside the Matrix will be having sex, but if it's not real then how is physical conecption achieved, and, if then a baby is 'born' in the Matrix, then how is this baby made in the real world and then plugged into a pod?

hmmmmmm.
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:17
Regular
There's spoilers up at AICN now.

Haven't seen them personally, don't want to ruin it for myself, but if anyone's interested they're there. Just don't post them in here!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.