GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just saw Spirited Away, and..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/03 at 18:19
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I *liked* it! Remember this for future reference Goatboy et al. You can add it to the list of Robert Rankin, Final Fantasy VII and Led Zeppelin.

Anyway, for some reason they decided to show the film today a few weeks after release. And it was on the premier screen. Which is r0x0ring to say the least. The seats are actually normal, non-folding ones, and there was more legroom than a normal screen when the seats are folded. And the drinks holders were better. And there was a little table on the end of each row. And it was really small, and two tiered. And there were three people in there, one being the person I went with. And and and...

The film was excellent, but completely bonkers and a lot....most of it didn't make sense, but to be honest it wouldn't be a good anime if it did. And if that's not enough it's got Tara Strong, voice of Rikku in FFX, the guy who did Colonel Campbell in MGS (who more than likely has a name, but if he has I can't remember it), and John Ratzenberger, Cliff in Cheers and seems to have been in most Pixar films, all voice acting. Yep. So watch it. And not as in "so watch it or I'll duff you up".
Wed 08/10/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I know, I'm just pulling your leg Yojimbo.

I just can't get past anime, that's all. I'd rather watch a David Lynch movie.
Wed 08/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I consider myself as fairly normal. OK, so my SR name just happened to be named after a big furry anime creature, but I promise you, I have never dressed up in any type of costume or attened any convention. And I never will.
I get an anime mag from America and every month they have pictures from various anime conventions. Jeez some of these Americans. That is taking the whole thing too far.
Wed 08/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes "totoro"
Wed 08/10/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Yes, there is that highly geeky element to anime, but it's no worse than games now is it, or any other hobby that people take to keen an interest in. You get normal people who enjoy it, but you do get those selected few who take it just a bit too far.
Wed 08/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://www.animesucks.com/
Wed 08/10/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Here's your anime love right here:

http://maddox.xmission.com/anime_nerd.html
Wed 08/10/03 at 10:54
Regular
"relocated"
That I actually remember: the famous ones like Akira and Ghost in the Machine or Shell(?). That I don't remember: a bunch of obscure films, some of them in Japanese, that my mate made me watch while stoned. And Pokemon.

I'm not exactly a qualified expert, but that's the impression I get of it. Not much animation for an animation.
Wed 08/10/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Christ I don't know...Akira, Cowboy Be-Wop?, Fist of The North Star and a whole bunch of others that I wasn't interested enough to remember.

I have seen enough to know I didn't enjoy them, why on earth would I continue to sit through a style I have previously derived no enjoyment from?
It's like me trying to persuade you that wine is the best drink ever, when you've had a glass and didn't enjoy the taste.
"No no, but this vintage is different"
"I dont like wine"
"But you havent tried every make under the sun"

You like anime, I don't.
It really is that simple
Wed 08/10/03 at 10:46
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Which anime films have you seen out of interest? (If you remember)
Wed 08/10/03 at 10:43
Regular
"relocated"
My impression of anime is this:

Picture of motionless robot.
Zoom in on picture of motionless robot.
Lightning crackles behind motionless robot.
Picture of motionless boy.
Zoom in on picture of motionless boy.
Voice talks rubbish while boy's mouth moves in an unconnected way.
Big flash of lightning!
Robot dead!
Boy wins!
Or the other way round!
They both turn into lesbians and have sex.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.