GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That Russian Roulette Malarky"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/10/03 at 20:32
Regular
"may contain nuts"
AT college today the hot topic was "Did you see that Derren Brown bloke, wow it was so amazing I almost jizzed myself" well to be honest I didnt think it was all that impressive. He fired a blank away from himself, and granted he didnt die which is impressive, but I somehow think it was a bit dodgy. He fired two shots away from him and 3 at his head.

With only 1 bullet and 5 shots he had a 1 in 5 chance of dying, but fired two away so he only really had a 3/5 chance of dying. Thats 60%, just over half, and people have taken much bigger risks than that. Anyway it wasn't bad, but I felt it had a bit of an anti-climax. At least he got it over and done with in a few minutes instead of spending 44 days doing it like David Blaine - someone should hook their car exhaust up to his air supply.

Anyway I heard on the news this morning that a number of copycat had played Russian Roulette, unsucessfully, following Derren Browns stunt. All respect to the dead and that but ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID! Copying Jackass stuff and wrestling moves when it tells you not to is a different thing altogether. Firing a gun at your head is just plain retarded. Anyway they got what was coming... a bullet.

By the way did anyone else think the guy that loaded the gun for Derren Brown looked like Ralf Little of Royle Family fame?
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:58
Regular
"may contain nuts"
I cant stop laughing about it!
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Bouncer wrote:
> The funniest thing is one of the death was from a semi-automatic
> pistol. The bullet is loaded in magazines, so it HAD to fire first
> time...
>
> I bet they were townies.

Most probably.
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Hehe.
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:42
Regular
"may contain nuts"
The funniest thing is one of the death was from a semi-automatic pistol. The bullet is loaded in magazines, so it HAD to fire first time...

I bet they were townies.
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Bouncer wrote:
> Anyway I heard on the news this morning that a number of copycat had
> played Russian Roulette, unsucessfully, following Derren Browns
> stunt.

Lol. People that stupid deserve to die. If they were left to their own devices they would probably get killed doing something else idiotic and take someone else's life with them.
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
cookie monster wrote:
> People blowing themselves away trying to copy the stunt is what i like
> to call "weeding out the stupid".

LOL.
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
I have to say i didnt actually see it, mainly because i forgot it was on. But as for it being the hot topic, the first time i had heard it mentioned was when my dad said to me "did you see that Russian roulette thing last night" and that was about an hour ago.
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
People blowing themselves away trying to copy the stunt is what i like to call "weeding out the stupid".
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
Bouncer wrote:
> Thats 60%, just over half

Really??
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:32
Regular
"may contain nuts"
AT college today the hot topic was "Did you see that Derren Brown bloke, wow it was so amazing I almost jizzed myself" well to be honest I didnt think it was all that impressive. He fired a blank away from himself, and granted he didnt die which is impressive, but I somehow think it was a bit dodgy. He fired two shots away from him and 3 at his head.

With only 1 bullet and 5 shots he had a 1 in 5 chance of dying, but fired two away so he only really had a 3/5 chance of dying. Thats 60%, just over half, and people have taken much bigger risks than that. Anyway it wasn't bad, but I felt it had a bit of an anti-climax. At least he got it over and done with in a few minutes instead of spending 44 days doing it like David Blaine - someone should hook their car exhaust up to his air supply.

Anyway I heard on the news this morning that a number of copycat had played Russian Roulette, unsucessfully, following Derren Browns stunt. All respect to the dead and that but ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID! Copying Jackass stuff and wrestling moves when it tells you not to is a different thing altogether. Firing a gun at your head is just plain retarded. Anyway they got what was coming... a bullet.

By the way did anyone else think the guy that loaded the gun for Derren Brown looked like Ralf Little of Royle Family fame?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.