GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uk Rock vs US Rock"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/09/03 at 16:44
Regular
We all know that most of the best rock music comes from america but anyone out there think that uk bands are much better than US like Sikth,OMS and others. I mean yeh most of my favourite bands are from US but i think when Uk bands are good they're very good much better than US
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:38
Regular
America has the best hip hop..
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:48
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Hedfix wrote:
> DreamWarBird wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Prodigy
>
> Prodigy aint a Rock group!
>
> :p
>
> The don't fit any genre fully but I will say this:
>
> PitchShifter's guitarist has now joined The Prodigy so guess what
> some of the next album will sound like?

Only for live events and thats all over.

Keith Flint has his own band, Flint (alt Rock) but hes still in the Prodigy

Liam Howlett said his new album will more electronic then Fat of the Land.

But he said the album would be out 2 years ago, but no sign.
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:42
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Dammit, for some reason my other account was lost so I have to start with this new one with all my reputation lost. Anyway, I kind of do generally think US metal/punk and the lark is better in the US, but thats only because the US is the country of 'Freedom' (notice the lil inverted commas, and because it's the country of liberty and freedom, they have much more chance over there of becoming big bands as there are so many record producers and it's easy to get where you want to in America.

But, pretty much any rock band that makes it over here becomes massive i.e Funeral For a Friend, they're one of the biggest bands in the world at the mo and they're Welsh.

Thrice, Finch, Funeral For a Friend. . . they're all totally awesome.
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:30
Regular
"8==="
*Songs

*Minutes
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:30
Regular
"8==="
I don't mind long tracks! :D

I just don't like the 'Rock Opera' aspects to Maiden.

I have plenty of long tracks. There's a Genesis track 'Old Medley' which goes on for over 20 minutes.

I also have every CD I could get of a band called Ozric Tentacles and their song are usually 8 to 13 minute long instrumentals which are very cool.

I do like catchy songs but I am also open to many different types of music.

I'll 'buy' those tracks tomorrow probably and give them a listen. :)
Tue 30/09/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
The Wicker Man's certainly nothing spectacular lyrically, but tracks a bit like The Wicker Man:
The Trooper (Same sort of catchy intro)
Rainmaker (Well kind of)
The Fallen Angel (Again only kind of, listen to it a few times before making a judgement on it though)
The older stuff with Di'anno's pretty catchy - Prowler, Wrathchild.
Doubt you'd like this one, but Paschendale's a really great track. Nothing in common with the Wicker Man, but it still rocks.

I'm stuggling to come up with many that bear any similarity to The Wicker Man, except the Trooper. Maybe you could add Futereal to that list.

The thing is that the only time they do Wicker Man style tracks is with the intentions of releasing them as a single as it's going to appeal to the single's buying, top of the pops watching market more if it's short and catchy. I don't think many people, bar metallers, would be interested in a 9 minute track about a guy in Scotland fighting for his freedom or a 9 minute song about recurring dreams, deja vu and whatnot. The truth is that these appeal a lot because it's not over in 5 minutes and it they have meanings and more intelligent topics hidden in them to think about.

You question the intelligence of the lyrics in them, then say you like TWM. TWM's just there to open an album and sound good on the singles market. The lyrics are pretty thin compared to those of Dream of Mirrors, Paschendale and Rime of The Ancient Mariner (I'm sure you wouldn't like ROTAM though - coming in at 13 and a half minutes).
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> Last time I had to listen to them was in 2000. Luckily I've been free
> of them since.
>
The albums. Obviously I've listened to The Wicker Man since 2000
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:02
Regular
"8==="
Perhpas I've heard the worse elements of them. Suggest me some tracks which are like The Wicker Man and I'll give them a listen.

No tracks that are basically 'Rock Opera' though because I really dislike those.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:01
Regular
"8==="
Last time I had to listen to them was in 2000. Luckily I've been free of them since.

The one Maiden track I do like is The Wicker Man. That's the only one I know the name of and I like it a lot.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Examples? And I couldn't care less about anything of Metallica's after the Black album.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.