GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think 'townies' are Kewl"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/09/03 at 16:03
Regular
Townies are SO kewl because three-striped tracksuits are SO bangin' and doesn't at all make them look like generic retards. Burberry is immensely cool and is doesn't look like gift-wrapping! Sitting around on corners of council estates in a perfectly useful way to spend your weekend whilst drinking such high-class and refreshing drinks and cider and toilet duck. The girls love a guy who's breath can strip paint.

As far as vehicles are concerned, townies are way ahead of the rest of us. Working hard and saving up to buy a BMW is just stupid when you can get a ford fiesta with blacked out windows and have a sound system in it that costs more than the car itself. That makes townies the king of the road.

Employment is another area where townies are miles ahead of us, working in Burger King, McDonalds or KFC is actually a life ambition of mine but it takes lack of any form of qualifications, skill or communication skills to get a job in somewhere like that - making townies the model employees.

Townies are also way tougher than the rest of us. Because they carry blunt switchblades and rusty penknifes to jab you with if you mess with "their posse". Because they get cidered up to the eyeballs and fall into you means they are tough and shouldnt be messed with. Townies are smart fighters and know if they can't handle you, their bigger brother who may or may not be in prison will sort you out.

In fact, forger that, townies are crap. They're also gay, why else would they hang around in "crews"?

Crew > Navy > Gay

Think about it...
Sat 04/10/03 at 14:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
No excuse!
Sat 04/10/03 at 14:27
Regular
I was a 'townie' as a kid, and all I can say is f you. I hung around in a 'crew' because I liked all the people in that crew and they liked me, it's not called being gay, it's called not being some loser from school with 3 friends and a posh voice. It's not that we meant to intimidate people outside of school, but you can't help that. We were 15, and in a big group. People had to be scared of walking past us in the street in the same way that if I went up to a nastier place at that age I'd be scared walking past the people there.
I wore clothes that I liked, I didn't want to wear jeans because they didn't suit me and I thought that clothes like Nike did, but also I wore clothes more suited to black people as well, which i won't go into, but it's practically like wearing Nike. I like wearing trainers because they are comfortable, and I pay 90 pounds for a pair of TNs because they look cool and are nice and easy to wear. You wear your trainers and hoodies. The only difference is my hoodies and shoes had a Nike tick where your shoes had a Vans logo or the word Slipknot.
We did drink at that age, yeah, but so do all people al that age if they want to, that's what you do at parties and you do it outside of parties so that your used to it when you go to the parties, it'd be a major embarassment turning up to a party, taking a sip of beer, trying to act like your the don and then spitting it out and saying 'urgh, this tastes horrible'.
As for cars, I saved up for BMWs and Alfa Romeos, but not everyone can afford that, I had a good job that paid well so I had a Beemer. People with Ford Fiestas have honestly saved up for that, but money doesn't grow on trees.
Basically, either you, who wrote this, are a loser or a grunger. If you are a loser, ha ha ha. If you are a 'grunger', or 'skater' or whatever, then you hang around in a big group as well I bet. The only difference between you and townies is clothes. Townies show off and try and look hard and cool, but at school if any townie went around looking for a fight there would be a number of grungers equally as eager.
So either you are arrogant, in the sense that you can't see that these people are just you with a sovereign and sports clothes, or you are jealous, in the sense that your not part of a big group and they are, you don't get to go to parties and be the centre of everyones attention and they do.
I hate narrow-minded people like yourself, because growing up I was nice, had strong morals, I had a psychological problem with violence which wasn't my fault but I tried everything in my power to conquer it, and I succeded as well. I worked hard. Anf the one last point I'm gonna make. I was a real person. Yeah, I looked quite scary, I was tall and dark and had the clothes on that you usually associate with these people, but I ahd emotions and feelings like everyone else. Like I said before. I'm you in different clothes.
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:54
Regular
"It's been a while.."
*snaps fingers*

damn it's not working anymore
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
This guy should be the next Notable. {:)
Thu 02/10/03 at 19:27
Regular
"8==="
Fiery Salamander wrote:
>
> that wasn't aimed at you

Yeah sorry. That was just me taking a reply and making a little joke about it. Could've been anyone's reply, it wasn't a put down or anything. It was just a joke that I thought of when I read your reply t'is all. :)
Thu 02/10/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Zinger please!
Thu 02/10/03 at 16:02
Regular
"^_^"
Oi!!

I work at KFC u n00b
Thu 02/10/03 at 15:50
"For the horde!!!!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Fiery Salamander wrote:
> innit
>
> No I'm from the Cherokee tribe but good guess Mr Dyslexic. ;)

that wasn't aimed at you
Thu 02/10/03 at 13:21
Regular
""To the pub...""
Yes plz give me all your money :P
Wed 01/10/03 at 20:10
Regular
WonderSwan wrote:
> i'm from Essex not all "Townies" hang round in groups those
> people are just tw*ts lol and sod ford fiestas Vauxhall Nova better
> and beats the people who live in da country who shag sheep lol

Please donate generously today, people like WonderSwan here have particularly low IQ's and with your help they could attain an "average" social standing. Please donate what you can afford and improve a life today.

*ahem*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.