GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love or Life?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/09/03 at 16:46
Regular
I'm gunna start by saying that this is a serious topic, and that if you cannot take it for what it is, then leave now. I don't want you replying if you can't say anything helpful.

Hi.

I'm a regular on SR, but I have to protect my identity for whatever reason.

I'm 16, in year 11. In around 142 days, I will be leaving for study leave and what have you. Then it's GCSE's, and onto college. Now, I have to make a decision as to what college I am going to go to.

College A does my exact course. I will not be with any of my friends, as they are all going to other colleges. This is the only college that would provide me with the qualifications that I need.

College B doesn't do my course, but it has similar ones. At the open day we had there, I hated it. But, I will be around my mates and I will be around this girl. Who I just so happen to love.

I know I have know chance with her, and I know that because I am well, ugly, she would say no if she knew I fancied her anyway. But I can't bare not seeing her ever again. We are good mates, which is always a good thing. I need to decide whether to go to the same college as her or whether to go with my heart; my future. Saying that, she is my heart. If you see what I mean.

So, some advice please. Especially if you've been in the same boat as me before.

This isn't for people to try and guess who I am on the forums. If you guess correctly, I will come out and admit it. But I don't want people just replying and saying "Are you Mr. Snuggly?" (Which, I am not, for that matter).

Thanks,
User Removed
Mon 15/09/03 at 21:14
Regular
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Leave him alone, who cares? IT'S A BLOODY FORUM.

Thanks MC. Hey, I haven't like seen you for ages. Over a year and a half. Even though you don't know my regular identity, hows it going?
Mon 15/09/03 at 21:11
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Mmmmm....
>
>
> First off - I am not 'User Removied'. I say this because I posted a
> near identical post about a week or so ago. Only differance - instead
> of 142 days to decide, I had about 3!

I can confirm this too. I only asked now as I thought we had to decide soon, like December time.

> Still...I choose the better college, left my friends as such and my
> g/f went to the other college and all is hunky dorey.

This is, after all the decent replies, what I will do. My friends are ass holes anyway.

> I still see my mates (pretty much ever day actually) and me and my
> g/f can't get enough of each other as we see eachother less. I also
> am making new freinds at the new school - only after a few days in! I
> have introduced a few of them to my old ones too.

Yeah I see, but the area where I want to go is a good, what 10 miles away, so I will not know anything about the people. For all I know, it could be full of troublesome childish kids. Hmmm...

BTW, the college is opposite Twickenham Rugby Ground.

> I was in the exact same situation - and all worked out fine for me.
> Only differance is you have 142 days to decide, and im sure by then
> you will make the right choice!

Yeah, thanks dude. Hope this 'crush' will blow over by the end of the year though.
Sun 14/09/03 at 10:14
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Blank wrote:
> Because you've been banned. You know, the whole "having to
> protect my identity" thing is a hint.

Leave him alone, who cares? IT'S A BLOODY FORUM.
Sun 14/09/03 at 10:12
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Go to College A, most definitely.

I just started Henley college. I knew pretty much no-one in any of my classes, and it's fantastic. Really, it is. Everyone there is scared, everyone is new, so everybody is very friendly. I'm having the time of my life at the moment. Don't be scared about not knowing anybody, it's a good thing. You'll be forced to make friends, and that's a GOOD thing.

You have 142 days (plus the 4 month summer before college) to sort things out with this girl. Go for it. If it fails miserabley, then that's bad - but at least you've tried. And you should always try.
Sat 13/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
User Removed wrote:
> Memo, didn't you say you went to a college alone?

Yep.
I have plenty of new friends already.

And like Urkie said, it's a chance for a fresh start, no-one knows you so no-one will have any grudge against you or maybe have stories about you etc.

I'm enjoying myself.
Fri 12/09/03 at 22:51
Regular
Go back to Asher D and read everything he said.

If you go for it and crash and burn, then it was going to happen to you sooner or later and you might as well get it over with so you can move on.

In the mean time, whether you get with this girl or not, just keep in touch with her, and your other friends outside of school and do the college course you want.
Fri 12/09/03 at 22:09
Regular
if you know absolutely noone at your new college, you can make a fresh start and forget about everything you might have done to tarnish your good name at your old place of education. then there's a good chance you'll be at home if you keep up an image of liveliness, confidence and humour. they are always good qualities.
Fri 12/09/03 at 06:58
Regular
Memo, didn't you say you went to a college alone?
Fri 12/09/03 at 06:57
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> I know who this is. He posted by accident earlier today. :-)

Let's just forget about that :D

It was an accident.
Fri 12/09/03 at 06:57
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> And the girl... bah, there are plenty more fish in the sea.

I don't know why, but this deserves a wink.

;)

But I see what you're all saying. I'm not so much 'worried' about not seeing her anymore, but I'll be going into this college alone. I think my mate wants to do the same course as me, so I'll be having words with him and see if he's going to the same college.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.