GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Fri 05/09/03 at 12:04
Regular
"8==="
*'a' instead of 'i'
Fri 05/09/03 at 12:03
Regular
"8==="
It's also possible that I name change would have added more incentive for collectors of games to rush out and grab a copy, helping Xbox sales even more.
Fri 05/09/03 at 12:00
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Yeah, on my calander October does come before Christmas.
Fri 05/09/03 at 11:56
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Rosalind wrote:
> However, coupled with an X-Box price drop
> to around £100 before Christmas, it looks like Microsoft will
> be in a very strong position at the beggining of nect year.

I heard the £99 price drop was around October.
Fri 05/09/03 at 11:48
Regular
"8==="
I thikn Sony realised that the games would make it to Xbox regardless of what they were packaged as so they didn't bother to quibble about the name change.
Fri 05/09/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
It seems that Rockstar have re-negotiated their 'exclusive' deal with Sony. I wonder if they threatened to take further games to Microsoft after the contract runs out at the end of next year. Something among those lines would make Sony re-negotiate I think. And Sony still have the exclusive rights to the next GTA game until the end of that contract.

Sony probably don't think they have a lot to worry about. People who really wanted GTA 3 and VC would probably have already bought the game and a PS2 to play it. However, coupled with an X-Box price drop to around £100 before Christmas, it looks like Microsoft will be in a very strong position at the beggining of nect year.
Fri 05/09/03 at 11:31
Regular
Indeed.

Seeing as the Xbox is a lot cheaper - It might push a christmas sale or two.
Fri 05/09/03 at 11:24
Regular
Or and Xbox system persuader. Finally the millions of Sony zealots might realise that there is life past the blocky landscapes of PS2 land.
Fri 05/09/03 at 11:22
Regular
I'll be definatly getting this.

I reckon this'll be an Xbox System Seller.
Fri 05/09/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Nope, it's better than the PS2 version, much crisper, more texture, just looks nicer. Not as nice as the PC version, but the nagain the Xbox is afraction of the price and I'd rather play it on a console anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.