GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Fri 05/09/03 at 09:40
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
looks the same as PS2 version...even if its a port of the much better PC version.
Fri 05/09/03 at 01:06
Regular
Looks the same as the PS2 version to me.
Fri 05/09/03 at 01:02
Regular
First screenshot of GTA running on Xbox.

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp? (space) channel_id=73&object_id=16137&adtag=network (space) =ign&site=xbox&pagetype=medialist&page_ (space) title=Grand+Theft+Auto+Double+Pack

Looks pretty bloody slick and makes the PS2 version look like a blocky mess.
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:51
Regular
So far it seems brilliant. Ray Liotta plays the part to a 'T' but then again he did in Goodfellas so I was expecting a similar style performance. Its like playing an interactive gangster movie only with every aspects examined within a set time. Fooking excellent so far :)
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:49
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Cournel

Colnel even :)
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
It's just a great overall game, I'm not at the Apache helicopter bit yet though, been a while since I played as I've been giving C+C Generals a good play. Didn't like it at first but the more I play, the better it gets.
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:46
Regular
How about the chainsaw :) I felt extremly sick and twisted cutting up those 2 guys from the club who the Cournel wants dead. Funny when the blood splats on the screen despite pushing the boundary for parental anger even further.
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:35
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> My fave bit in Vice City so far (this is PC version) is when you get
> your first property with the helicopter on the roof, sometimes I just
> fly around the city, if they can make the Xbox version look half as
> good as the PC one then it will be great.

get the apache!, hours of car destroying fun
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
My fave bit in Vice City so far (this is PC version) is when you get your first property with the helicopter on the roof, sometimes I just fly around the city, if they can make the Xbox version look half as good as the PC one then it will be great.
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've completed both GTA3 and Vice City on my PS2. But the news that a double pack is coming to X-Box has even made me very happy, because those 2 games are almost the only reason I keep my PS2. The only reason I will keep hold of it now is for the original PS1 GTA games. But really, GTA for X-Box is brilliant news.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.