GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:50
Regular
"\\"
Belldandy wrote:
> the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> gamezfreak wrote:
> With that price-cut looming around the corner - I have reason to
> believe Microsoft will make another one of those "Christmas
> deals" that they did last year.
>
>
> I don't know about you but i didn't buy my x-box from microsoft.
>
> He means the JSRF/GT2002 169.99 deal

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

OK then. I'm sure sony made a PS1 deal where you got GTA1 and london (i think) and that would of had that 18 rating.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:49
Regular
Good point - I completely forgot about that.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> gamezfreak wrote:
>
>
> I don't know about you but i didn't buy my x-box from microsoft.

He means the JSRF/GT2002 169.99 deal - any official bundle like that i.e where the bundle all comes in the one box, is one authorised by Microsoft. Shops are free to make their own bundles, but ones like the above are a standard. Last Christmas every Xbox came with those two games free of charge . no reason they can't bundle GTA in free BUT they won't.

Why ? Think about it, BBFC Ratings ? If they bundle the GTA's in the box then it dumps an 18 BBFC stciker on the whole console package.

I believe stores will run the offer, giving buyers a choice of game(s) but MS will not do an official deal because of the age rating.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:41
Regular
No.

They brought out a console deal remember?

JSRF + Sega GT + Xbox.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:39
Regular
"\\"
gamezfreak wrote:

I don't know about you but i didn't buy my x-box from microsoft.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:00
Regular
With that price-cut looming around the corner - I have reason to believe Microsoft will make another one of those "Christmas deals" that they did last year.

GTA + Vice City + Xbox = £129.99?
Stand alone Xbox = £99.99?
Sat 06/09/03 at 09:24
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Indeed, Ali.
>
> You all think it looks better because you want it/expect it to look
> better.

Alternatively, you both think it is running though a high res monitor because you want it/expect it to look worse.

Whatever it looks like, it'll sell, and it'll seel the Xbox as well.
Sat 06/09/03 at 01:07
Regular
Shock horror a screenshot of the PS2 version on IGN og GTA 3 looking sharper than ever before. Don't remember seeing sharp visuals like that in the final version of the game. Could that be because the resolution is a lot higher thus the visuals look sharper? I think it does little Jimmy.

MGS2 looks the same of both versions.
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:16
Regular
Indeed, Ali.

You all think it looks better because you want it/expect it to look better.
Fri 05/09/03 at 15:09
Regular
Its actually running into slowdown on the Xbox which hopefully will be ironed out. The same happened in Metal Gear Solid 2 and it wasn't ironed out in the final version. The pictures so far however look identical to the PS2 version. The only reason why they look sharper is because they are running it through a high resolution monitor. The same went for the PS2 version early on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.