GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Sat 06/09/03 at 13:10
Regular
Apparently GTA4 will stay PS2 exclusive for 12 months before being ported to Xbox and PC. Then when the 'next next generation' consoles are released I can see it going multiformat from day one.
Sat 06/09/03 at 13:01
Regular
"8==="
Lou Role wrote:
> Now that Vice City and GTA3 are coming to X-Box, does that mean that
> GTA4 will no longer be a PS3 exclusive?

I think Rockstar's exclusivity deal with Sony runs out at the end of this year.

Anyway Rockstar have already circumnavigated the exclusivity deal so GTA games should be multiformat from now on.

Otherwise prepare for a moneyflinging conterst between Microsoft and Sony.

Essentially this is the equivalent of Sony getting Halo on the PS2.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:55
Regular
"\\"
You forget the internet and the stealing of parents credit cards :D
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Hedfix wrote:
> True. But a big '18' on Xbox packaging would make it more desirable to
> those underage. How many 12 year olds own a copy of GTA eh? ;)

Unfortunately not all parents will find it desirable, and until 12 year olds start walking into stores with 130 in cash...they'll get parents to buy it, sure, but its the retailers MS has to sell the package to.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:47
Regular
"\\"
Lou Role wrote:
> Now that Vice City and GTA3 are coming to X-Box, does that mean that
> GTA4 will no longer be a PS3 exclusive?

It's kind of one of those 'Wait and See' type things.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:45
Regular
"\\"
Belldandy wrote:
> the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> OK then. I'm sure sony made a PS1 deal where you got GTA1 and london
> (i think) and that would of had that 18 rating.
>
> They did, but that was at a point where the PSone had a large user
> base, MS want to grow the user base, hence age restricted deals are
> not a good idea.

But not many people bought two PS'simply because there wasn't THAT much use to do so. So sony were basially doing the same thing, just they had sold some more consoles...

I don't even type what i know more any? :S
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Now that Vice City and GTA3 are coming to X-Box, does that mean that GTA4 will no longer be a PS3 exclusive?
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:16
Regular
"8==="
True. But a big '18' on Xbox packaging would make it more desirable to those underage. How many 12 year olds own a copy of GTA eh? ;)
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> OK then. I'm sure sony made a PS1 deal where you got GTA1 and london
> (i think) and that would of had that 18 rating.

They did, but that was at a point where the PSone had a large user base, MS want to grow the user base, hence age restricted deals are not a good idea.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:50
Regular
"\\"
gamezfreak wrote:
> No.
>
> They brought out a console deal remember?
>
> JSRF + Sega GT + Xbox

Sorry, never saw your post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.