GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:27
Regular
The Xbox for me is the number one console as a console. In terms of exclusives its not. That will hopefully change over Christmas as like you I sold my PS2 shortly after getting it because of piece poor games however now there are more than enough exclusives that I want to own.
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> GTA, Metal Gear, Tenchu are 3 major examples of games so many Xbox and
> GameCube owners dismiss and are quick to make judgement on. All
> confirmed for the Xbox now and if you want proof of peoples reactions
> go back a few pages to a Tenchu thread I started.

But my point is that if people with JUST Xbox consoles really wanted them, they'd have bought Sony. Sure, everyone likes a few things on other consoles if they have just one console, but ultimately they bought the console they have 'cause it has the games they want.

When people dismiss other consoles exclusives it's becaue, in their opinion, those exclusives are not good enough to warrant buying a new console to play them on. But given the chance to play them on what they have they will, as it is MGS2 Substance did poorely on Xbox, we already had Splinter Cell. The GTA double pack is great news because it removes on of Sony's selling points, they are not hte only ones with GTA now. I pointed out earlier to Mav that the PS2 had plenty of exclusives, but just because I do does not mean any of those exclusives will make me but a PS2. I sold my Gamecube because none of the games on it were strong enough to make me want to miss out on other Xbox games.

Back when I had a PS2 the games that sold me on it were Ridge Racer, Tekken Tag and a few others. But I got tired of it after a while when Sony started really pushing it's lads mag style approach to gaming and it's buyers. I knewa little about Xbox, and eventually, partly after talking to people on here, I bought one and sold my PS2. Yes, there have been a few disappointing games, but after having had all three of the current consoles, in my opinion Xbox is the best one for me. Having just the one console means I get to buy every game I want for it reasonably fast, meaning I always have more than enough to play.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:32
Regular
You are talking sheet and I am merely pointing out that the PS2 is a good console. Despite the fact you try to ram information about the Xbox down everyones throats each day I think its pretty tame in comparison.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:31
Regular
GTA, Metal Gear, Tenchu are 3 major examples of games so many Xbox and GameCube owners dismiss and are quick to make judgement on. All confirmed for the Xbox now and if you want proof of peoples reactions go back a few pages to a Tenchu thread I started.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:31
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Now you are talking bull sheet. If they are appeared on the Xbox
> tomorrow then I can guarentee that more than half of those who said
> the PS2 doesn't interest them would jump at the chance to play some
> of the games. The sports genre is one of the biggest genres out there
> yet there is one title that is worthy to be in anyones collection and
> thats Pro Evolution Soccer. There is no "yawn" about it
> seeing as though the Xbox has sweet FA to challenge it in this
> department.

Looks like it's a Sony day today...
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:28
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Lack of exclusives ? I can think of Manhunt, FFX-2, MGS3, GT4, FFXI,
> another GTA and that FPS Edge is raving about, and that's just off
> the top of my head.
>
> PS2 is the most technially aged console of the three, yet it's
> winning in terms of sales/market share, and I don't see Sony sitting
> back for another 2 years and not bothering with exclusives. Maybe
> Sony just don't feel the need to unveil new releases a year or so in
> advance ? It's not like they're desperate or anything...

Does thiks make you a Sony fanboy then?

*Sniggers*
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:27
Regular
I think 70 million people is a fair guess as to who likes what the PS2 has on offer. Oh and who is the fanboy? Which console am I a fanboy of today then? PS2? Xbox? GameCube or Dreamcast? I aren't the one who raves about the Xbox all the time and who fails to like any other console.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
*sound of sirens* Fanboy alert *sound of sirens*

What games on Xbox ? Surely if people liked these PS2 exclusives they'd have bought an PS2 instead of an Xbox, or bought a PS2 as well ? Same kind of theory goes for Pro Evo, indeed there is no similar game on Xbox, but what if most people that like it are PS2 owners ? I don't own a single sports game, I hate them. Probably not the only either.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
That works the same way as well Mr Dandy. A lot of people have said "GTA sucks" and things along those lines yet as soon as it is announced for Xbox everyone starts having babies over it. That is a well documented fact for every console yet seeing as the PS2 gets the most stick I think we can safely say this is a good example.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:22
Regular
Now you are talking bull sheet. If they are appeared on the Xbox tomorrow then I can guarentee that more than half of those who said the PS2 doesn't interest them would jump at the chance to play some of the games. The sports genre is one of the biggest genres out there yet there is one title that is worthy to be in anyones collection and thats Pro Evolution Soccer. There is no "yawn" about it seeing as though the Xbox has sweet FA to challenge it in this department.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.