GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Wed 03/09/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> http://ps2.ign.com/articles/434/434963p1.html
>
> This might make you wish you had a PS2. After reading that I kissed
> my PS2 :)

It's Manhunt. Standard Rockstar stuff, everyone seems to forget that GTA 3 on the PS2 was an evolution for two previous games, it took them 2 attempts to get a brilliant game, because to me GTA 1 + 2 were nothing special. Sure, nice graphics, but until I see a review I'll be wondering if this isn't just Rockstar squeezing cash out of people. I can't help think that, sales wise, it's not going to attract anyone who didn' already buy a PS2 for the GTA series, and I reckon Sony is going to have to close the price gap with Microsoft soon.

At the moment, a PS2 at £169.99 with an eyetoy, plus the neccessary Memory Card at around £25, means new buyers this christmas are looking at nearly £200 without a game, if they want to go online then rack that up to £220.
With Xbox it's 129.99 plus 19.99 for a DVD kit, so £200 buys you the same thing as well as a game of your choice. If MS do some GTA bundles for around 169.99, or start bundling DVD kits for nothing...
Wed 03/09/03 at 22:00
Regular
"\\"
Mantis wrote:
> the aoe slaught wrote:
> Could it be that the PS2 will FINALLY be knocked of the number one
> spot?
>
> Not a chance. There are too many uninformed people ot there who
> don't really care anyway.

I just blurted out in excitement... i know there is no chance for ps2 not be to be #1
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:51
Regular
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/434/434963p1.html

This might make you wish you had a PS2. After reading that I kissed my PS2 :)
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
the aoe slaught wrote:
> Could it be that the PS2 will FINALLY be knocked of the number one spot?

Not a chance. There are too many uninformed people ot there who don't really care anyway.

Xbox should do fine though.
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:42
Regular
Sales figures suggest otherwise.

As for Manhunt, I think you would be interested if you knew anything about it.
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:38
Regular
"\\"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It does. However a game like Manhunt + GT4 just before Christmas will
> be enoiugh for the lazy barstuards at Sony to sit upon and take them
> to number one Christmas console.

To me it looks like the GT series has been slipping alot (in my eyes) and i've never heard of manhunt nor do i want to hear about it *hugs x-box*.

Could it be that the PS2 will FINALLY be knocked of the number one spot? I hope so!
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:28
Regular
It does. However a game like Manhunt + GT4 just before Christmas will be enoiugh for the lazy barstuards at Sony to sit upon and take them to number one Christmas console.
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Hell yeah. 2 (giant) games for the price of one(hopefully).

I don't want to sound fanboyish but the xbox line up kicks some serious A hole.
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:29
Regular
Hmm, good news for Microsoft I suppose, though I won't be buying it (don't have the money or time, prefer Sony's controller and - to me - it'll always be a distinctly PS2 game).

Bad news for Sony then and, ultimately Nintendo. This'll knock PS2 sales for those GTA seeking gamers, and it'll take a considerable chunk out of the potential GameCube sales this Christmas. Seeing as it's a make or break moment for the 'Cube, it's going to be a VERY interesting battle this festive season.

And yes, I did say "don't believe it until it's confirmed". And now it's confirmed. So I believe it.
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:07
Regular
"\\"
This topic made my day... And also made my sandwhich with bits of junk from that junk machine which i laughed at.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.