GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA on Xbox Confirmed"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Rockstar / Take Two Press Release (entirety)

-

"Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStation®2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStation®2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace."

-

Rejoice, 18+ XB fans ;0
Thu 04/09/03 at 07:35
Regular
You own one less than average game and yet on this basis you critisise one of 2 decent sports franchises out there. That makes sense...
Thu 04/09/03 at 06:57
Regular
"8==="
Belldandy wrote:
>
> I
> don't own a single sports game, I hate them. Probably not the only
> either.

I have Red Card as it reminds me of Speedball 2. That's it.

Sports games are boring.
Thu 04/09/03 at 06:54
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Now you are talking bull sheet.

Don't lay the Smackdown on me! :D

If they are appeared on the Xbox
> tomorrow then I can guarentee that more than half of those who said
> the PS2 doesn't interest them would jump at the chance to play some
> of the games.

Not me, but others might be grateful to play them using something which passes for a decent controller.

The sports genre is one of the biggest genres out there
> yet there is one title that is worthy to be in anyones collection and
> thats Pro Evolution Soccer.

Greeaaat sports games... *Yawn*

There is no "yawn" [see above] about it
> seeing as though the Xbox has sweet FA to challenge it in this
> department.

What's all this XSN stuff then eh?
Thu 04/09/03 at 06:54
Regular
"\\"
From the IGN site
"Top upcoming games in this genre:

1. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox)
2. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Xbox)
3. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PS2)
4. Mafia (Xbox)
5. Manhunt (PS2)"

So it doesn't look like man hunt will be THAT good...
Thu 04/09/03 at 06:49
Regular
"\\"
Looks like GTA except there's less romability and everyones killing you.

Looks pretty crap form what i've seen, although that is what i've seen.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:02
Regular
That should read "an original gaming idea".
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:00
Regular
Sod sales. Manhunt looks the mutts nuts. An original idea taken from the basis of two well written and directed films. Manhunt looks like a fantastic game which I am hoping won't disappoint on the stealth aspect which Splinter Cell did a bit for me. Open ended gaming in a city controlled by one man who's aim is to let the gangs of Carcer rip you apart with chainsaws, meat cleavers and anything else they can get their hands on. Your aim is to stay alive using the shadows and radio with the producer and everyone elses aim is to hunt you down and kill you in anyway possible. Having seen your post about a decent summer with Enter the Matrix and the less than satisfying Brute Force this should make them look like a walk in the Early Learning Centre. By that I don't mean the adult content I mean the sheer brilliance and ideas behind Manhunt. Definitley a game which is going to throw open the Game of the Year competition according to Gamespot and IGN. Last time I read Gamespot saying something along those lines was with Halo and they weren't far wrong with that...
Wed 03/09/03 at 23:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I'm definatly happy. :-) I'll be buying the GTA double pack when it comes out. It'll be interesting to see what it ends up looking like on XBox. :-)

As for the major battle going on in this post, for me, Sony has some decent titles coming out, but Microsoft is sending the mega titles out in floods now. For every decent PS2 game coming out, there seems to be like 5 decent XBox titles.

Take away the GTA double pack and you still have titles such as Top Spin, Counter-Strike, Star Wars: KOTOR, PGR2, Amped 2, Unreal 2, Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow Six 3, etc.

Then of course in 2004 theres tons more excellent titles coming such as Halo 2, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Star Wars: Galaxies, Deus Ex 2, Grabbed By The Goulies, Fable, DOA: Online, Outrun 2, Sudeki, Tenchu Online, Conkers BFD, etc.

The XBox has really picked up now and with Microsoft getting titles such as the Metal Gear Solid series, GTA and Tenchu, theres less and less reason to pick the Sony console ahead of the XBox.
The Playstation name is the only thing that is keeping the PS2 sales high. When it comes down to quality and the better games line up, XBox wins hands down in my opinion.

Overall I think its only a matter of time before Microsoft overtakes Sony. Its not gonna happen in a month or anything, but attention is certainly turning to the XBox and I don't see anything in Sony's plans thats going to change that at the moment.
Wed 03/09/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I don't have MSN on this PC anymore, uninstalled it. What do you wanna know ?
Wed 03/09/03 at 22:11
"slightlyshortertagl"
BELL, you're on!

MSN me, please

[email protected]

about eBay :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.