GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 11:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Once I kicked a used chocolate mousse pot down the stairs, but as it span all the leftover chocolate flew out in a nice spiral pattern down the walls. The white walls. Which we'd just decorated.

Your turn.
Wed 03/09/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
God wrote:
> Impressive.
>
> I made earth just for a laugh. Big Mistake.

Can't you just click 'Edit -> Undo'?
Wed 03/09/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Impressive.

I made earth just for a laugh. Big Mistake.
Wed 03/09/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
My mate forgot to process an invoice by the cut-off date when he was working for a large US construction firm (the one rebuilding Iraq).

Cost?

Over $10,000,000.00

And he kept his job.
Wed 03/09/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Two things at work of equal measure:

Deleted the crontab file on a server by pressing a wrong button (Crontab is a unix file for running commands overnight at certain times).

Didn't think it would matter. Managed to shut down the DVLA's computer systems because of it.

Stopped the FTP transfer program on the xerox server by accident on Friday. Stopped the whole of Europes Xerox printer support and purchase requests from being processed. Cost Xerox about £50,000.

Well, they shouldn't leave apprentices to do these things should they.....
Wed 03/09/03 at 13:12
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Being the oh-so-cool kid I was, I was acting out wrestling moves with some friends and accidentally dropped my mate on his neck =( Poor guy.

I also broke a mates nose when I span around too fast and my arm sort of flailed about and hit him in the face.

I think I am just clumsy!
Wed 03/09/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Recent? Your blinking stupid IQ test!

Mwahaha, another happy customer!
Wed 03/09/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
In school, during art class we were mucking around with pottery. I grabbed a big bit of wet muck and lobbed it out of the window with wild, reckless abandon. About a minute later the headmaster came in with a furious expression on his face.

It turned out he was walking past and I'd smacked him right on the bonce. He had a big bruise and started demanding "the despicable, vile and evil child own up now."

So I did the honourable thing.

I blamed it on the class fool who everyone hated. My mates backed me up and he was led away howling his innocence to all of us. His protestations fell on deaf ears and laughing schoolkids. To this day I don't know what horrendous punishment he incurred for his "crime."

I got the unusual accolade of being heralded as a "legend" and forever regaled other kids with my stirring stories of cowardice, wrongful accusations and general malice.
Wed 03/09/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Recent? Your blinking stupid IQ test!
Wed 03/09/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Black Glove wrote:
> Hit a golf ball.
> Watched it sail through the air and arc towards an old guy walking
> his dog.
> Stood silent as it hit him full on the head and knocked him to the
> ground.
> Then in a timid voice shouted: "Fore!"

I could picture that, thanks for the laugh.

hoho
Wed 03/09/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Hah! Silly!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.