GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When the end of mankind arrives..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/09/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Not a Jew"
What do you think will cause it? It is going to end for sure, because the sun will burn out, but that won't be for billions of years and I'm inclined to think that mankind will end along time before then. So what will it be?

A nuclear war?
An asteroid collision?
Machines taking control?
The "grey goo" theory?
The prophesies in Revelations occuring?

Or something else?
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Laughingstock"
True. Maybe I should have put "the universe as we know it" will end...
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:48
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Whose to say death is the end ?
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The universe will end for me [and all of us] when we are certified dead.
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:41
Regular
I wouldn't be too worried about an asteroid, baring in mind that the absolutele smallest of changes in it's trajectory can nudge it thousands of miles off course. If the odds are that small now, they can only get bigger, the ones to worry about are the ones we don't track or notice.
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:29
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I remember a teacher asking this in school once. Some dumb idiot put his hand up and said "I think we'll be killed off by the millenium bug!". Then we had to explain to him that it was an electronic thing, and couldn't harm humans in any way other than losing data.
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:29
Regular
pb wrote:
> Most man-made disasters seem to be either averted or we've found a
> way to clean up after them.

Exactly.

Thats why I don't believe msnkind will be wiped through human error/man made disaster.

But think of this asteroid ordeal - Set to hit us on March 21st (might). What do you reckon people will do nearer the time?

Will they have an exact reading of where it will land? So like the masses would move to the other side of the world in a desparate hope of survival?
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:25
"possibly impossible"
Life on Earth will end when the natural resources all run out, be it the sun or something more mundane.

Most man-made disasters seem to be either averted or we've found a way to clean up after them.
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Bouncer wrote:
> What is the "grey goo" theory?

My knowledge is sketchy, but it is a new type of technology called nanotechnology. These are small machines used for repairing things that are incapable of being repaired using conventional methods. The grey goo theory is that the machines will go haywire, turning all the vegetation into goo. Such small machines are being made, but I think this theory is crackpot.
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:07
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Bouncer wrote:
> Either way, we're doomed.
>
> neo, the terminator, the fifth element, robert duvall or ray mears
> will save us

Or the Matrix will just generate another reality.
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:07
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Lol Ray Mears :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.