GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need a Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/06/06 at 20:57
Regular
"lets go back"
Im still unsure if Im even going to bother getting a new console any time soon. The 360 is out and so far Im not interested so I can pretty much rule that out for now. Im a Sony fan I guess. My Xbox is packed away in a wardrobe while my PS2 is still being played so naturally the PS3 should be my front runner and, to some extent, it is. Launch titles never look good to me on any console but I trust that sony will bring out similar titles that made me a fan of theirs in recent years. If it was a choice between PS3 or 360 Id probably go PS3 (but the price is a put off)

Now for the reason this is in the Nintendo section: The Wii.

Im still unsure what to think of this bizzare console. I love the idea of it being a completely different look on the idea of modern gaming with this bizzare new controller but Im worried that the games may be no more than 10 minute time filling novelties. The idea that they are concentration on playability rather than graphics appeals to me in bucketloads though. I dont care how good the graphice are as long as Im having fun. This makes me think that I want a Wii, plus they are going to be quite cheap.
Wed 28/06/06 at 11:09
"possibly impossible"
Jayce-ski wrote:
> pb Wrote:
> >In Asia and US. Don't forget that Nintendo seem to hate
> Europe >(and now seemingly love it in equal measures).
>
> Nintendo promised the release date will be a worldwide one (
> including Australia ;) ). I believe Sony have said the same
> thing about PS3.

I really hope thats the case. hm. Need to get saving now then!
Wed 28/06/06 at 10:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> You'll end up with all 3, mark my words. :D

Bah i'm not lining Nintendo's pockets, fudge em
Wed 28/06/06 at 08:16
"possibly impossible"
That's true, but I still don't see the reason why some of those WOULD be 5-minute wonders anyway. Yeah, I can understand the arguement for Wii-sports etc, but not the others...
Wed 28/06/06 at 08:06
Regular
"8==="
Also the success of Live Arcade shows that correctly priced '5 minute wonders' can infact do some very decent business. :)
Wed 28/06/06 at 07:39
Regular
"8==="
You'll end up with all 3, mark my words. :D

---------

Anyway as for the games being '5 minute wonders' thing, there are plenty of games that are 5 minute wonders in single player but go on and on in multiplayer. Personally I have no real interest in the single player of the Super Monkey Ball games but all those short mini games keep me and my friends coming back to it (Got the Xbox compilation y'see) on a weekly basis.

The same could be said for Burnout 2's Crash mode which gets a regular playing too, we never race and I hardly ever play the single player but the crash mode is always played.

Same goes for many other titles like the Unreal franchise and other titles I've purely bought for their multiplayer modes.
Wed 28/06/06 at 07:32
Regular
Tue 27/06/06 at 16:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Written like a true 360 owner. ;)

:-D

And to think i said about a month or so ago that i'd probably not buy any of this generation's consoles and i might end up with 2 of them :-D
Tue 27/06/06 at 14:09
Regular
"Booyakasha"
pb Wrote:
>In Asia and US. Don't forget that Nintendo seem to hate Europe >(and now seemingly love it in equal measures).

Nintendo promised the release date will be a worldwide one ( including Australia ;) ). I believe Sony have said the same thing about PS3.
Tue 27/06/06 at 13:49
"possibly impossible"
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> By the way, hate me if you will, but nearly all the Wii games
> will be 5 minute wonders

Ah, but you aren't sure of that fact, as you've written it so small. But no, I disagree (as much as you can agree or disagree with games that haven't seen the light of day yet). I think that there will be some gimicky games, yes, but most of the ones in that list are stable, capable Nintendo franchises or games that wouldn't look out of place on other platforms. The line-up does look quite strong.
Tue 27/06/06 at 13:47
"possibly impossible"
Jayce-ski wrote:
> Okay, so the release date. Well, it will be before Christmas
> that is for sure, most people are saying October.
>

In Asia and US. Don't forget that Nintendo seem to hate Europe (and now seemingly love it in equal measures).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.