GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need a Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/06/06 at 20:57
Regular
"lets go back"
Im still unsure if Im even going to bother getting a new console any time soon. The 360 is out and so far Im not interested so I can pretty much rule that out for now. Im a Sony fan I guess. My Xbox is packed away in a wardrobe while my PS2 is still being played so naturally the PS3 should be my front runner and, to some extent, it is. Launch titles never look good to me on any console but I trust that sony will bring out similar titles that made me a fan of theirs in recent years. If it was a choice between PS3 or 360 Id probably go PS3 (but the price is a put off)

Now for the reason this is in the Nintendo section: The Wii.

Im still unsure what to think of this bizzare console. I love the idea of it being a completely different look on the idea of modern gaming with this bizzare new controller but Im worried that the games may be no more than 10 minute time filling novelties. The idea that they are concentration on playability rather than graphics appeals to me in bucketloads though. I dont care how good the graphice are as long as Im having fun. This makes me think that I want a Wii, plus they are going to be quite cheap.
Mon 17/07/06 at 11:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
How could you not like that? :-D
Wed 12/07/06 at 14:34
Regular
"lets go back"
Im going to have to test it out before buying one, but I do like the fact that its cheaper than the others.
Tue 11/07/06 at 15:07
"possibly impossible"
I'm dancing around at the thought of the new Nintendo.

Mind you, it might also be due to the red hot coals down my trousers...

But seriously folks, you have to admit that it has everyone talking, whether you like or loathe the machine. It's sounding like it has gamers split 50/50, but I'm convinced that it will appeal to plenty of people not currently into games as well, like the DS does.
Tue 11/07/06 at 14:29
Regular
"Booyakasha"
Geffdof wrote:
> Ive just thought about the Wi-mote. If you play a game for just
> an hour, your arm will be hanging off. If you dont believe me
> try holing your arm out straight for an hour.

Guess so, but that must be a pretty boring game if you have to keep your arm still for so long.

It does look like the new Nintendo will involve a lot of moving about to play. Lets hope it helps all those fat gamers lose weight.

Arm chair workout for Couch Potatoes!!

Hmm. Maybe someone should make that into a game. I just keep coming up with these great ideas. lol.
Tue 11/07/06 at 13:51
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive just thought about the Wi-mote. If you play a game for just an hour, your arm will be hanging off. If you dont believe me try holing your arm out straight for an hour.
Mon 10/07/06 at 17:37
Regular
"Booyakasha"
OrkEater wrote:
> It looks cool, and its like the cheapest console to be coming
> out.
> But, some of the games that were shown at e3 were pretty basic,
> i mean really..
> like the tennis players were a couple of balls... o.o

Fair point the tennis game does look a little pants. But its a showcase game emphasizing that gameplay is a million times more important then graphics. I mean it would have to be with such a stupid looking game. lol. Of course, Nintendo's moto is Wii. Meaning everybody, anybody can play games. So maybe this one is intended for Grandad to play?

Cruciatum Fixative:
> Actually the whole TV remote type thing is nothing new either... > click here to see why

Intersting clip! But I have to say, I don't trust anyone with such an unhealthy fascination with dogs. I change my mind lame clip.
Wed 05/07/06 at 19:30
Regular
"nooblet"
It looks cool, and its like the cheapest console to be coming out.
But, some of the games that were shown at e3 were pretty basic, i mean really..
like the tennis players were a couple of balls... o.o
Wed 05/07/06 at 16:04
Regular
It's such a shame, ninty looked all excited too :(
Wed 05/07/06 at 13:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
oooh busted :-D
Wed 05/07/06 at 13:03
Regular
"Mooching around"
Actually the whole TV remote type thing is nothing new either... click here to see why

*shifty eyes* Yeah... that's it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.