GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"skies of arcadia and other RPG's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Wed 22/06/05 at 17:15
Regular
"And some more !"
i am really interested in Skies of arcadia but i found out they are not in production anymore :( . Anybody know where to get it, im not too fond of ebay so do you guys no any stores where i could pick this up used.

Also i wanted to get tales of symphonia but i cant find that anywhere either. Where can i get that?

Cheers.
Sat 25/06/05 at 21:50
"The Will of D."
I am really sad now that my original copy of skies of arcadia: legends has a bug in it that stops me getting any further than the ice area, as soon as I travel in a particular section of air above the ice the game freezes, this happens every time. Noooooo!!!!! *Sob...sniff, sniff...*
Sat 25/06/05 at 20:13
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
yes skies does take a while to get going. i remember the first dungeon to be alright, but some of the later ones are absolutely quality. i think it was when i first got to valua that i realised how absolutely amazing it was. the characters started to open up in the desolate surroundings and such. i can't really put into words how great this game is. just play it.
Sat 25/06/05 at 20:10
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Tphi wrote:
> gimo80 wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> No! Skies Tales.
>
> And how you could agree with this gimboid, Chipseh, I have no idea.
>
> The way you have changed my name into an insult is absolutely
> hilarious. It really is.
>
> And if you like Skies more, fine, its a good game. I don't care.
>
> I don't know if you'll believe this, but I've actually only realised
> you're name sounds kinda like "gimboid". :) Oh well.
>
> No offence meant, honestly. I just get all defensive over Skies. My
> baby it is. *Strokes picture of Fina on the box*
>
> Tales is a great game, although its less well rounded. Skies to me
> just seems more "complete" if you know what I mean. Then
> again Tales has Sheena, so I can't really complain. Both great, we
> just disagree on which is greatererer.

Heh, thats fine mate. Yeah both games are exceptional, and I remember when I first bought Skies on the DC. Jeez, me and my mate would ramble on what is better - Final Fantasy VII or Skies. I always get a sense of nostalgia when I play Skies, however when I played Tales, I dunno - I changed my mind!

Honestly everytime when I play Tales, I feel a gush of excitement spurt out of me... :p
Sat 25/06/05 at 10:55
"The Will of D."
Lost Kingdoms 1 + 2, card based real time battles, but I wouldn't touch the first one at all.

If you want something that acts like an RPG but is real time action then Eternal Darkness is definetly one to get. It has magic, weapons undead and monsters, and this game is so much like an rpg (except no stats) that I loved it.
Sat 25/06/05 at 09:57
Regular
"And some more !"
thanks for all the help. I seriously considering on buying tales very soon, but the only thing is its going for 20 dollars in america and over here its 30 quid. Also i cant find tales in stock in all my local stores or the internet. Are they going out of print as well?

I really wanna buy this game because its not turn based. Talk about old games but i absolutely loved PSO becuase of all the freedom you had to go and explore places and hand to hand combat, it made it feel more real. Well in a fantasy type of world.

So thats why im really interested in tales. Do you guys know of any other games that are not turn based but in the RPG section?
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gimo80 wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> No! Skies > Tales.
>
> And how you could agree with this gimboid, Chipseh, I have no idea.
>
> The way you have changed my name into an insult is absolutely
> hilarious. It really is.
>
> And if you like Skies more, fine, its a good game. I don't care.

I don't know if you'll believe this, but I've actually only realised you're name sounds kinda like "gimboid". :) Oh well.

No offence meant, honestly. I just get all defensive over Skies. My baby it is. *Strokes picture of Fina on the box*

Tales is a great game, although its less well rounded. Skies to me just seems more "complete" if you know what I mean. Then again Tales has Sheena, so I can't really complain. Both great, we just disagree on which is greatererer.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Psyİho Fox 19 wrote:
> This is what I think...
>
> Skies of Arcadia > Tales of Symponia
>
> Tales of Symponia = Baten Kaitos
>
> Skies of Arcadia > Baten Kaitos

You speaketh my mind.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Blow stuff up, wrote:
> i finally got skies of arcadia today. I am upto the bit where we go
> back to pirate isle and the captain (father is calling the guy and
> tells him to bring the girl with her). Hopefully it gets better along
> the way.

You'll love it, like all RPGs it takes a while to get hooked but you will. Once you meet Drachma, the storyline kicks in.. awesomeness. Valua. The Delphinus.. Dude just me writing about it is making me wanna go play it again :)

> After that baten kaitos, the only thing holding me back on this is
> the card battle system, i bought metal gear acid for the psp and
> hated the card crap so is this a good card system.

The card system takes a while to get used to, but it is a change and does work.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:20
Regular
"And some more !"
i finally got skies of arcadia today. I am upto the bit where we go back to pirate isle and the captain (father is calling the guy and tells him to bring the girl with her). Hopefully it gets better along the way. I bought this game mainly because i think pirates are really cool so i hope theres more to the pirate side as well.

Next on my list seems to be
tales of symphonia from all the great reviews but i may order this from the usa as its only 20 dollars (£13).

After that baten kaitos, the only thing holding me back on this is the card battle system, i bought metal gear acid for the psp and hated the card crap so is this a good card system.

After that is resident evil 4, i just hope it becomes players choice so i can get it for £20 :)
Fri 24/06/05 at 20:39
"The Will of D."
This is what I think...

Skies of Arcadia > Tales of Symponia

Tales of Symponia = Baten Kaitos

Skies of Arcadia > Baten Kaitos

Although they are my most fav 3 games on the GC apart from MK:DD and SSBM.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.