GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does our Goverment poop on us?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Dont just post "yes" and leave, I do acctually want your veiws and opinions on this one.

OK, my reasons for this post are related to something we all want but dont have enough of (no not sex) ŁŁŁ, yup money, and how our goverment distributes it. Before we start, I DO realise we have a very stable ecomony, but I still think a few changes could be made.

Lets look at our underpayed for starters. Firefighters, Paramedics. The two are public servers, they SAVE lives for gods sake! I mean these people put there ass's on the line to save others. They are expected to save the day, even though they are up against prank calls and false alarms every day. Does our goverment reward them for their work? Does if F**k! Money wise they can barely support bills, let alone provide for a family! Fire fighters are forced to get second jobs and paraedics/nurses all work ALOT of overtime, just to provide for themselves when they dedicate themselves to others! They do deserve more and they shouldnt have to strike to get it.

Now them, tax. 40%. 40% of all you earn (depending on what you earn i know it can be lower) fair dues, every country has tax, even if our countries is a little steeper than most. Then we loose a further 17.5% on EVERYTHING we buy/sell. Indeed every country has this, granted we are a little steep. Petrol, BLIMEY! No country pays half as much as us! Fair dues, but here's the clever part! If the goverment raise the cost of petrol by lets say 2p. not much I hear you say, well no it ist. But now, EVERYTHING that is sold anywhere increases in price, because the amount it costs to get it to where it is has gone up, so to cover the companies losses the price must go up. Very well, but now the 17.5% they get form EVERYTHING is vaued as more, meaning more prophits. Think about that.

Now then, whenever a conversation is made about money these guys come into it, footballers. These people make a living from kicking a ball about, fair enough its a form of entertainment, but what a living they make! They make more in a year than most make in a life time, do they save lives? Do they worry about providing for there families? No.

Now, I'm not a racist, but I have to say immigrants. We get people sneaking in and illegally living here, they have our worries to, buit people who apply to leave a country for political reasons, are brought over here, given a house and help with there morgage so they can make a living for themselfs...hold on, what about me? I've lived hear all my life, I'm doing your schooling and further education to get qualifications to get a job and get by and this guy just gets it all handed to him on a plate? Dont treat one how you would'nt treat another!

Finally, houses. House prices are ridiculous. When I get a full time job, I'm going to need to find the money to afford a morgage after I've forked out however much I have to every month just to get by.

Now, I'm only a 16 year old boy, a kid, but I know already that when I get older, things are going to get alot tougher and theres nothing I can do but try my hardest.
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:13
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Light wrote:
Do you honestly believe that
> immigrants are even in the top 10 problems that the UK is facing
> economically and socially? If so, why? What are your reasons, and
> what is the source of those reasons?

The Sun and The Daily Mail, methinks.

*glares*
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Kyz wrote:
> Light wrote:
> No, lets just keep blaming those nasty immigrants for everything.
> Christ, are the youth of today REALLY this ignorant and intolerant?
>
> Yes, but as you said so elequently, "Never mind."

Heh. Marvellous evasion of the topic there...

Seriously; are you really that ignorant? Do you honestly believe that immigrants are even in the top 10 problems that the UK is facing economically and socially? If so, why? What are your reasons, and what is the source of those reasons?
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:08
Regular
"118 118"
Light wrote:
> No, lets just keep blaming those nasty immigrants for everything.
> Christ, are the youth of today REALLY this ignorant and intolerant?

Yes, but as you said so elequently, "Never mind."
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:06
Regular
"118 118"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Mr Pínk wrote:
> Because I will do soon and Its gonna be very tough going.
>
>
> How do you know, fool? Looking down the discussion, you don't even
> buy your own clothes, so I assume you're living with your parents.
> Working while living at home is about as cushy as it gets, and every
> time I hear some wánkér complaining about how hard life
> is when mummy and daddy are always there to soften life's blows, I
> want to smack them.

Instead of voicing a clever comeback you bring swearing and violence into the discussion somehow. I really cannot find the relevence of that.
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Kyz wrote:
The thing that angers me most is that
> English citizens seem to be put second after immigrants.

Never mind that England was built on immigrants to the country.

Never mind that the only 'true' original inhabitants of the British Isles were pretty much wiped out and diluted centuries ago.

Never mind that, at no point in the countries history, have our borders been closed to anyone who wants to come in and work here.

Never mind that every country that has tried to keep the filthy foreigners out has stagnated economically and collapsed socially.

Never mind that the genetic makeup of your average Englishman consists of dna from Christ knows how many nationalities.

No, lets just keep blaming those nasty immigrants for everything.
Christ, are the youth of today REALLY this ignorant and intolerant?
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:04
Regular
"118 118"
Somehow I get the message people enjoy paying their taxes. It wasn't a major qualm of my argument but surely if the government didnt keep as much for themselves they could be able to lower taxes a bit or at least spend the money on something over than another Jaguar car.
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Mr Pínk wrote:
>
>
> How do you know, fool? Looking down the discussion, you don't even
> buy your own clothes, so I assume you're living with your parents.
> Working while living at home is about as cushy as it gets, and every
> time I hear some wánkér complaining about how hard life
> is when mummy and daddy are always there to soften life's blows, I
> want to smack them.

Hey, I know I've got it good, I'm sayin people like you havent? So smack away.
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Hallelujah"
So with all the govermants income your telling me they cant afford to raise our emergency service's pay? at all? Not even slightly?
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:02
"Darkness, always"
Mr Pínk wrote:

How do you know, fool? Looking down the discussion, you don't even buy your own clothes, so I assume you're living with your parents. Working while living at home is about as cushy as it gets, and every time I hear some wánkér complaining about how hard life is when mummy and daddy are always there to soften life's blows, I want to smack them.
Thu 28/08/03 at 14:01
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Mr Pínk wrote:
> Firebrand wrote:
> Your answer is that you don't pay ANY direct taxes. So why complain
> about how they are structured?
>

No it's not. We only have 2 or 3 tiers for tax and we have the lowest tax rate in Europe. However, hidden (back door) taxes more than make up for the low tax rate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.